General Fiction posted February 22, 2013 Chapters:  ...61 62 -63- 64... 


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
Story in 150 words

A chapter in the book Short

Iggy

by Bill Schott

This morning when I was arguing with my pet rock, Iggy, the phone rang. Someone on the other end told me that if I threw my clock out of my window, I could see time fly.

I handed the phone to Iggy. He wouldn't take it, but made me rip the cord out of the wall. He then told the guy on the other end to not call back. He hasn't.

Iggy says that beer is the breakfast of champions. He also states that light beer is the breakfast of also-rans.

Iggy has begun to hear voices and see odd images. Me too. I haven't heard any voices though.

Iggy says that the only thing better than beer is seven on the dice. I have been rolling dice all day, but I never get anything higher than sixes on them.

Iggy says it's all in the wrist; like he'd know.



100 Word Story writing prompt entry
Writing Prompt
Write a story that is between 100 and 150 words. The trick is you must use the following words: breakfast, light, rock, phone, clock
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Bill Schott All rights reserved.
Bill Schott has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.