General Poetry posted February 8, 2013 Chapters:  ...16 17 -18- 19... 


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
Tea Cup Dictionary Poem of 8 Syllables

A chapter in the book Little Poems

Uncharacteristically

by Treischel

A Teacup Dictionary Poem of 8 Syllables
UNCHARACTERISTICALLY



UNCHARACTERISTICALLY
Not so distinguishable
Not identafiable
Non - identical
Not typical
Really odd
A change
Strange
Beyond the known expected range






Thought I'd try this format. Not too crazy about it. I rhymed as much as possible. Otherwise too much like a dictionary definition. Here's the requirements as laid out in Poetry Dances.

In a teacup dictionary poem the dictionary word is the title. Each following line must define the word, but drops one syllable per line, starting with the first line decending until there is a one syllable word that defines the dictionary word. The next line, must have the same number of syllables as the dictionary word and makes an observation about the dictionary word or the preceeding lines. The poem is usually centered on the page.

The teacup dictionary poem was created by Rose Jones in 2009.

For my poem, I chose an 8 Syllable Word, so syllable count went 8,7,6,5,4,3,2,1. Rhyme scheme was abbbbcddd.

The Picture is from Microsoft Clip Art Images
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Treischel All rights reserved.
Treischel has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.