General Fiction posted May 27, 2012 Chapters:  ...72 73 -74- 75... 


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
150 words

A chapter in the book Short

Last Friday

by Bill Schott

It was a marriage of minds and a wedding of wills. The couple began their sentence of love and laughter after their vows were completed, and never stopped until the sirens were heard last Friday.

Felix and Oscar had beaten all the odds that predicted that their civil union would fail. After two years of battling the Viet Cong, Felix returned to his former college roommate and proposed.

The muddy rice paddies of Vietnam gave life to the mosquitoes that would finally murder him. Felix had always had a mild case of malaria, but it rarely flared up. Last Friday, after the final showing at the studio, his temperature soared to 105.

Oscar had Felix drink several glasses of water and made his tie, trousers, and shoes loose. He patted his head and rocked him on the couch.

Felix began convulsing and his heart stopped.

Oscar wore black at Arlington.

 



100 Word Story writing prompt entry
Writing Prompt
Write a story that is between 100 and 150 words. The trick is you must use the following words: laughter, drink, murder, final, sentence, muddy, loose, wedding, mild, heart
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Bill Schott All rights reserved.
Bill Schott has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.