Romance Fiction posted May 20, 2012 Chapters:  ...65 66 -67- 68... 


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
Michael's wish is answered.

A chapter in the book Lonely Hearts Meet

part three, Chapter 20

by barbara.wilkey



Background
Anna is a young mother striving to find a way out of an abusive marriage. She meets a stranger, Troy. Troy fights his own demons. Can they help each other find love, or are their struggles too much?
The doctor, nurse, Troy, Paul, Betty, and Margaret watched and waited for Anna to reopen her eyes.

No eye movement. Troy sighed and lowered his head. Please come back.

"I guess she wore herself out." Paul patted Michael's back.

A beeper sounded. "I'm needed. When I'm finished, I'll return." The doctor left.

"I'm not giving up." Troy removed his cell phone from his pocket and searched for a number.

"What are you doing?" Paul peeked over his son's shoulder.

"I'm filling this room with Indian Blankets."

"Red roses, no a combination of red, yellow, and white roses." Betty patted Troy's arm.

"Nope, for Anna it's Indian Blankets. She's a fighter." Troy stepped aside and placed his order. My little Indian princess needs Indian Blankets.

*****
When Betty, Margaret and Michael returned from dinner, they scanned the hospital room filled with Indian Blankets. Betty laughed. "You never did anything halfway, did you?"

Troy grinned. "I happen to know Anna likes them a lot."

Michael leaned out of Betty's arms as he reached for his mother. "Mama, Mama, Mama."

Betty set him on the edge of Anna's bed. He leaned over so his head touched her side.

Anna's eye lids began to flutter.

Troy carefully raised her arm so her hand rested on her son. Feel your son's closeness, sweetheart, and come back to us.

Her closed lids fluttered before her eyes drifted open. They waited in silence for a further reaction but Anna's lids closed, then reopened. Her gaze focused on her son. "Michael." The word slipped from her mouth and everyone gasped, finally letting go of their held breath. Annna stared at her son for a few moments. "He's really here." She touched his back before she closed her eyes again.

Michael giggled. "Mama."

"Welcome back." Margaret smiled. "It's not a dream, Anna."

"Hello, my dear." Betty leaned over and kissed her cheek.

Anna opened her eyes, then closed them.

Troy turned off the overhead light before he turned on the wall light away from Anna's bed dimming the room lighting.

Slowly, Anna opened her eyes and turned her head toward Paul.

"You scared us, Anna." He touched her hand.

Finally, she stared at Troy, who grazed her arm with two fingers. She gripped his fingers and closed her eyes. Her hand relaxed.

"I've missed you, my Indian princess." Troy kissed her cheek.

Paul turned toward the door. "I better get the doc. He'll never believe this."

Betty faced her sister. "There's no answer except the strength of a mother's love. Doctors can't measure that."

Margaret nodded. "You're right."

Paul stood in the door and watched the doctor walk up to Anna's bed.

The doctor lifted Anna's wrist and took her pulse. "She looks the same to me. Are you sure her eyes were open and she spoke?"

"Of course, we're sure." Troy sighed.

"The evening news has stories all the time about how a comatose mother responds when her child is near," Paul said.

"That's right. I remember a story I saw on TV a few years back. A young mother awoke when she heard her daughter's voice. They interviewed the entire family. There's definitely a strong bond between Anna and Michael." Margaret patted the child's back.

"I believe Anna will make a full recovery." Troy squeezed her hand.

Anna's eyes opened.





Recognized


Thank you google images for the field of Indian Blankets. My husband took a photo of a field by our house. I asked him for it, but he was reading the newspaper and I got tired of waiting. Need I say more?

This post is part three of Chapter 20, a much longer chapter. It can not stand alone. If you are just joining me, welcome, but you may be confused because this post is part of a much longer novel.

Here is part of the story I was referring too. You can read the entire on the Today Show site.
By Michael Inbar
TODAY.com contributor
updated 3/2/2009 12:12:02 PM ET
With his wife in a seemingly irreversible coma, Michael Smith brought his children to Bethesda North Hospital in Cincinnati to say goodbye to their mother before she was pulled off life support.
But Lori Smith's 8-year-old daughter Megan wasn't ready to say goodbye. Instead, she said, "Mom, if you love us and you hear us, move your eyes."
"Lori moved her eyes, and that was the first sign that I knew Lori was there," Michael Smith said. "I didn't know if Lori was being mom for the last time or what, but God really gave us a miracle and brought Lori back to us."


Many of you are asking about my 16 year old Diva. No she has not made up with the kittens, yet. I took them yesterday for their first round of kitten shots, they each weigh one pound and ten ounces.

Thank you for reading and reviewing.

SAFE (stop abuse for everyone)
www.safe4all.org

National Domestic Violence Hotline (800)799-7233
Each state has it's own hotline number.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. barbara.wilkey All rights reserved.
barbara.wilkey has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.