General Fiction posted April 5, 2012 Chapters:  ...66 67 -68- 69... 


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
Garage band

A chapter in the book Short

Let's Call It Puppy

by Bill Schott


Last practice before the school dance. Joannie's high notes on "White Rabbit" were just like Grace's. Fink was the best bassist in the school, and Zoe's riff on "In-a-gad-da-da-vi-da" was far out.  Now we needed an outta-sight name to win the student's hearts.

"Joannie!" I screeched. "We still need a name for the band."

"Let's call it Puppy," she replied, with the worst name ever.

Finkleman chimed in, "What about Hamburger?"

I asked Zoe's cousin, whom I'd never met, for the moniker.

"Blind Orange," she stated, without hesitation.

I automatically kissed her.  She kissed me back.  The rest is history.




 



100 Word Dash III writing prompt entry
Writing Prompt
Let's take flash fiction to the extreme. Can you tell a complete story with just 100 words. If so this is your opportunity to shine.

Topic: A first kiss between strangers.

Mandatory Word List: blind, orange, hamburger, puppy

The story must be about the above topic, and must include at least three words from the mandatory word list. Creative approaches are of course encouraged.

All stories must have a main character, setting, conflict, and resolution.


Thanks to Galyavision for the image.
100 words-first kiss-word list orange, puppy, hamburger, and blind
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Bill Schott All rights reserved.
Bill Schott has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.