General Fiction posted April 4, 2012 Chapters:  ...69 70 -71- 72... 


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
English teacher who drinks and speaks.

A chapter in the book Short

English Teacher's Wedding Reception

by Bill Schott


New at the English department, I was invited to one of the teacher's wedding reception. Eventually, the groom's best man, a wee bit tipsy, got up to speak.

"Jadeez and lentalmen," the best man began. "I may have had too - no-- three much to drink tonight."

Mild laughter began, but subsided when he, with eyes exploding and siren voice exclaimed, "Muddy Blurder!"

All was still as he began a small diatribe against marriage.

"A wedding," he began, eyes roving the ceiling corners in front of him, "is ferry much like an -- I am BIK - SenTUNZ! A DEATH sentence! The final beatings of a free HEART. A DEEPendent clause -- with no object."

The crowd looked on in silence.

"Bloody murder," he whispered. "You lose. They lose. We all loose stool."

His now ex-fiancee left with me. We conjugated verbs at my place until breakfast.


 



100 Word Story writing prompt entry
Writing Prompt
Write a story that is between 100 and 150 words. The trick is you must use the following words: laughter, drink, murder, final, sentence, muddy, loose, wedding, mild, heart


147 words with laughter, drink, murder, final, sentence, muddy, loose, wedding, mild, heart
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Bill Schott All rights reserved.
Bill Schott has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.