Self Improvement Poetry posted March 20, 2012


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
A glimpse into the mindset of a man of purpose.

The One Way Journey

by DaGirl

What drives me today?
It's the fueling yesterday,
Will make tomorrow.



5-7-5 Poetry contest entry

Recognized


This poem is originally from me, written as a soliloquy and dedicated to all who read, to encourage the faint at heart & strengthen the strong.
The poem draws inspiration by analogy with driving a car. Assuming that you are about to embark on a journey(life) and to arrive at a destination(your goals) the third day (the future).
You fill up your tank (efforts you have made in life) and the second day you are still moving (which is you-today) with faith that your car will get you to the destination (your dreams, ambitions etc yet to be achieved) the next day (tomorrow - the future).
I hope this truly motivates someone not to give up because, if you have done badly before, you can change today and make it the 'fueling' that propels your tomorrow. It is a one way journey we all take. We can't go back. We have to keep pushing on!
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. DaGirl All rights reserved.
DaGirl has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.