General Flash Fiction posted February 19, 2012


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
No where to go ...

Again

by Realist101

It hadn't been all that long ago, in fact, it seemed just like yesterday, that he'd had a job, a house, and money in the bank. Where had it gone? Like a ghost, his life had disappeared. Again.

He walked along with his companion hunger, wishing he had just two dollars ... or was it more now, for a McDonald's happy meal? His stomach growled, inconsolable. The clouds built gray walls in the southwest and there would be more cold rain, and like his life, the bruised sky swirled downward toward uncertain fate.

Nothing was right anymore. Not in the land of milk and honey. His mind stalled with dismay and he trudged along, dreaming of his family. Who'd given up on him. Again. He was alone, even with himself.

The bag he carried contained the remnants of his life and he determined that it was time to try again, to find work, rebuild from scratch. He had to try. To find what he had lost. Again.



Recognized


What's happening in this country that people cannot just retire? Just live. Inspired by a friend...Let's please save OUR country??? Thanks for reading. And caring. Also a thanks to Google Images for the loan of this photo.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Realist101 All rights reserved. Registered copyright with FanStory.
Realist101 has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.