Romance Fiction posted February 12, 2012 Chapters:  ...50 51 -52- 53... 


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
Finally proress is made in who is stalking Anna.

A chapter in the book Lonely Hearts Meet

part 3, Chapter 16

by barbara.wilkey



Background
Anna is a young mother striving to find a way out of an abusive marriage. She meets a stranger, Troy. Troy fights his own demons. Can they help each other find love, or are their struggles too much?
Ending of my previous post.:

An oven timer sounded. Betty turned toward the noise. "I hope you're hungry. The biscuits are done. Have a seat in the dining room and I'll bring in the food. The table's set."

While they waited, Paul told Troy about the flat tire and the note left on Anna's car.

Betty entered and after prayer they passed the food.

Anna glanced between Paul and Troy. "Troy, why did your dad call today during lunch?"

"It seems my medical records showed up on the Internet today."

*****


As dinner ended, Paul answered the ringing door bell. He returned to the dining room and handed Anna her car keys. "Your tire's fixed and the car's sitting in the driveway."

"Thank you for all you've done." Anna turned toward a fussing Michael. "I think he's getting tired. He always has a busy day when he stays with Grandma." She smiled.

Troy stood. "I'll follow you home."

"You don't need to. Stay here and visit with your parents." Anna unfastened her son's highchair belt and held him on her lap.

"The way things are going, I think Troy should follow you home. Everett's going to check on you often." Paul folded his napkin and stood.

Betty left the room and returned with Michael's diaper bag. "When he stays with me, you don't need to pack so much. I have diapers and plenty of baby food. I even have extra outfits."

Anna laughed as she stood. "He's already spoilt. You don't need to make him any worse."

"That's what I'm here for." Betty leaned closer and kissed his chubby cheek.

Troy reached his arms out. "Let me carry the little rascal. If he grows any more, he'll be bigger than you."

Anna took the diaper bag from Betty and gave her a hug. "Thank you, again."

"Anna, are your spousal abuse classes every Monday evening?" Paul asked.

"No, every other week. Betty has offered to watch Michael so I can attend. I hope you don't mind."

Paul chuckled. "I enjoy him as much as Grandma does."

They headed outside toward the car. Troy set Michael in the car seat and stepped back. "I still haven't figured out how to fasten him in that contraption."

Anna leaned in and secured her son, then opened the driver's door. "Thank you both for everything."

"Don't forget you're coming to Sunday dinner. Margaret's looking forward to seeing you." Betty smiled.

"Aunt Margaret's up to something." Troy kissed his mother's cheek. "I'll be in touch." He shook his dad's hand. "Let me know what Everett finds about who put my records on the Internet."

As Anna sat behind the steering wheel, Troy closed the door. "I'll be right behind you."

Anna nodded.

*****
At her apartment building, Anna pulled into her parking space, and Troy pulled into the slot beside her. Anna got out and tapped on Troy's window. "There's no reason for you to stay. I'm home."

Troy stood outside his car. "I'd like to make sure you're safely behind locked doors."

"If you insist." Anna unfastened Michael and carried him toward the sidewalk. She stepped over the curb and stood on the sidewalk, before turning toward Troy. "Would you like to come in for a few minutes?"

"I'd like that." He walked toward her.

As Anna turned toward the apartment, a man ran toward her and shoved her against the car. Michael flew from her arms and landed on the hood. He slid and rested against Anna's body.

Troy glanced back at Anna, as he ran after the man.

"Be careful! He may have a gun." Anna drew a crying Michael toward her and rushed to unlock the apartment door. Once inside she slammed the door closed and locked it. She kissed her son's forehead. As she leaned against the door, she heard the loud muffler and cringed.

A few moments later, Anna heard a knock on her door. "It's me, Troy."

She unlocked the door and opened it. "Are you all right? Did you see who it was?" Adjusting Michael on her right hip, she glanced at the phone in her left hand. "Good, you're safe. I already called 911. The police are on their way."

"I have a description of the truck and the license plate number. He finally made a mistake, thinking you were alone."



Recognized


SAFE (stop abuse for everyone)
www.safe4all.org

National Domestic Violence Hotline (800)799-7233
Each state has it's own hotline number.

Thank you, Brian for allowing me to use your artwork to show the chains Anna must break through before she can be truly free.
This post is part of a longer chapter and a much longer novel. Thank you for reading and reviewing.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. barbara.wilkey All rights reserved.
barbara.wilkey has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.