Commentary and Philosophy Poetry posted November 6, 2011 Chapters: Prologue -Prologue- 1... 


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
About the Author - Meet Chochee Medina

A chapter in the book The Two of Me

About the Author

by QC Poet

Chochee Medina was born in Los Angeles, California during the early 1960's and is a first generation Chicano, a Mexican-American son born of parents who immigrated from Guanajuato and Jalisco Mexico.

Bearing a distinct Mexican-Indian appearance that can be traced back through his ancestry, with origins to an ancient (pre-Aztec) Chichimecan Indian tribe. Chochee grew up in the San Fernando Valley primarily in the city of Pacoima, hometown of the late 1950's rock and roll pioneer and forefather of the Chicano rock movement, Ritchie Valens.

The forth born son in a family of six boys and two girls. He has two older brothers an older sister, three younger brothers and a younger sister. His parents, two of his older brothers, a younger brother and sister have also since passed away.
For some unexplained and still mysterious reason his father had left his beloved town of Guanajuato, Mexico in the early 1950's around the age of 28 and came to the USA to begin a new life.

Chochee was raised in the often harsh environment of a changing Latino Society, one in which a quickly disappearing "old world" Mexican belief system was constantly clashing with the new American youth culture changes of the mid 1960's thru early 1980's. This includes the changing attitudes on the mixing of races, drugs, music, politics, spiritual and personal identities.
Throughout his growing years Chochee, perhaps by fate or the idea of the six degrees of separation, would come to have encounters with people who had became well known or famous in the arenas of acting, comedy, music and law.

A proud American Citizen of Mexican Decedent, an aging husband and father of two grown men, Chochee also had the opportunity to have been associated with the manufacturing of aerospace components for some of the most famous American experimental Military Aircraft and Space based systems conceived in the Late 1950's to the late 1990's as result of his approximate 15 year aerospace manufacturing career. He then later climbed up the ladder to include Quality Management positions in the Aerospace industry during his 35+ year working history before being overcome with debilitating Disabilities.


All characters appearing in this work are fictitious. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental.




Thank you for your Support and Prayers as I continue my quest to complete books related to unbelievable life stories and poems.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. QC Poet All rights reserved. Registered copyright with FanStory.
QC Poet has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.