Children Fiction posted October 25, 2011 Chapters:  ...7 8 -9- 10... 


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
College, spare time and Mara's birthday.

A chapter in the book The dragon Mareng

A puppy for Mara on her birthday

by robina1978



Background
Mareng and Mara are dragon children. They are now at college. Both were given a dog for their birthdays. They also have hobbies. Please realize the French is not without mistakes, because they are sti
None of the dragon teens nor human teens took long to get used to the new college routine. After a couple of weeks they were used to changing classrooms and slowly, but gradually to the new teachers as well. Not all teachers were equally well liked. Some could not keep order in the classroom; mind you that could at times give some additional fun.

The lessons that both Mareng and Mara enjoyed most were: English, the other languages, history and art. Mareng liked science and maths a lot, but Mara found them more difficult. As she still wanted to become a vet, she had to persevere and improve on these. Sometimes Mareng and Mara were allowed to do their home work together and then he would help her a bit. They also enjoyed their hobbies and did very well with them.

On the way home they often gave each other language practice.
Mareng, "Quesque voulez vous avoir comme un cadeaux au votre anniverse?"
"Je ne sais pas, mon ami Mareng. Je pense et pense. Avez vous un idee?"
"Voulez vous un cheval?"
"C'est un bon idee. Mais c'est trop plus d'argent."
"Un petit chien, comme Nicci? Nous pouvez trotter avec deux chiens."
"Ah bon, Mareng. Je veux demander cet cadeaux."

A couple of months later, they got their first results for tasks done at college. And to their surprise they both were still at the top of their class.
Mareng and Mara were praised by the teachers and their parents.

Now it was time for the autumn break. This break would only last a week, but they were determined to make the most of it. Halfway through the break it was Mara's birthday. Just as with Mareng's birthday the two families came together for the celebration.

Surely you can guess what Mara's present was: a male puppy (not with wings like Mareng's). After dragon birthday cake and lemonade, Mareng and Mara baptized him Artie. The name was chosen as they both loved art classes so much.
Artie would grow into a medium sized dog, but now he was still a puppy.
His colour was off-white and his ears straight.

Mara's parents explained it had to be taught a lot. It had to be home trained and learn to walk properly on the lead. To start with, Artie could only take small walks as he still needed a lot of sleep, just like babies.

The rest of their holiday they used for their hobbies, training Artie, walking the two dogs separately (Artie was too small to go with Nicci) and some playing in the woods. Occasionally they met some other children from their class and also from their previous school. One time they even bumped into Mrs. Dragonlake.
"How are you doing Mareng and Mara? Have you settled in college yet?"
"Yes we have, Mrs. Dragonlake. How nice to meet you again."
"Are your results at college still equally good?"
"Yes Mrs. Dragonlake, they are. And Mara celebrated her birthday recently. She also got a dog as a present; we each have one now, a male and a female."
"Sorry, I have to get on now, hope to meet you again sometime."
"Bye Mrs. Dragonlake, it was so nice to see you again."

Back to college now, their total freedom was over.
More classes and home work, but they were used to this. Soon it was nearly Christmas and the college organized a nativity play. Mareng was allowed to play the guitar and Mara the piano. This showed how much progress they had made with their hobbies as well. The nativity play had a stall, Mary and Joseph and the crib with a baby (a doll), sheep, kings, angels and shepherds. All the children involved had to do loads of practicing. In the big hall of the school and in their houses there were nicely decorated Christmas trees.

The play was on an evening, three days before the Christmas break. Most parents and all the teachers came to watch them. Even some people living near the college. It turned out to be a huge success and they received a standing ovation. They could be proud of their performance.

The rest of the year passed so quickly. Things seem to go fast when you are happy. They could walk the two dogs together. The dogs played and played, so did Mareng and Mara.

And at the end of the year all children and dragons passed to the next class. Only some had to do extra study during the summer break as they were slightly under the required standard.

What happens in the summer break and the years after you'll hear in the next chapters.







Recognized


The photo from Artier I found on the internet.
Please be lenient on mistakes in grammar, punctuation and spelling as I am and will remain a foreigner. Your help will be appreciated.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. robina1978 All rights reserved.
robina1978 has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.