Children Fiction posted September 25, 2011 Chapters: 1 -2- 3... 


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
The family finds a house, now Mareng is older

A chapter in the book The dragon Mareng

Mareng and parents moving house

by robina1978



Background
Mareng is a dragon. An only child.
He learns all kind of things when he is getting older, partly at school. Will develop as it goes on.
As Mareng is going to be seven soon, his parents have to decide on a few things regarding the family's future. Mareng's mother and father sent Mareng away to catch some more dragonflies.They like to discuss the size of the family first.

Dad: "What do you think my wife, should we consider having more children?"
Mum: "I don't really think so. Things are difficult enough with this recession. And apart from that, the world is getting so nasty nowadays. What do you think yourself my dear?"
Dad: "I tend to agree with you. And we are a happy enough family. When Mareng has to start school things will be even more expensive. And the money is already a bit tight. I would like to give him the best education possible. We also need to buy or rent a house, before he can even start school. That all adds up to a huge amount of money dear."
Mum: "Well, then we agree. I think we first have to visit our doctor to get advice on birth control. Babies are not brought by the dragon storks, even children know that nowadays. Maybe we should tell Mareng; we have to think about that- he is still such a baby."

The following morning Mareng's parents made an appointment with their Dragon Doctor, for that same afternoon. Fortunately it was a time that Mareng was out. They only sat in the waiting room for a few minutes. Once in the consulting room, the Doctor explained what the best form of birth control for them would be, after also discussing some other methods. The safest way for them was the pill. He gave them a prescription after their decision was made. So they went past the pharmacist on their way home. Mareng's mother could start that same evening and after a month they would be safe.

When they came back Mareng was already waiting for them. They decided to have an early dinner and go to sleep soon after. The next day, they would tell Mareng, they all had to start looking for a place to live. They all slept well, they must have been tired.

The next morning Mareng's parents told him they were all going to look for a house.
Mum said: "Mareng, do you realize you will start school soon? This first means we all have to go house hunting."
Mareng: "What is a school and what is a house Mummy?"
Mum and Dad: "School is a place where you will learn even more than you have done so far. There are other children and teachers. The teachers are adults who will tell you what the are going to teach you. All new things of course. And you will get school reports after each year. You will be able to make friends with other small dragons."
Mareng: "Is school nice? Think it sounds different from my life so far."
Mum: "We think you will like it a lot, once you are used to it. Might be bit difficult for the first days."
Mareng: "Sounds not so bad; when do I start?"
Dad: Soon. But first we have to find a house. We will start looking today. And Mareng, a house is a place to live in all the time; so we don't constantly move around."

The following week the family spent most of their time house hunting. They looked through the dragon paper and went to several estate agents. They were shown all types of houses: detached, semi-detached, terraced. Most were for sale and they just could not afford them. After seeing about 25, they decided on the one they all liked best which was for rent at a reasonable price. It was almost as a castle, located on a mountain near the woods, the shops and the school. It looked very big, but inside it was just right. It looked so nice; all three fell in love with it at first sight. After a fortnight, they had it completely furnished. Mareng even had his own little bedroom. So they moved in and Mareng could start school on his seventh birthday. They did not have to buy school costumes since dragons just go to school as they are.

Mareng was so excited when the day arrived. Mum took him to school and stayed for a few minutes and then left. It was near where he always had been catching dragonflies, so he could get home himself after school.

This was Mareng's first day at school.






Recognized


Thanks to the maker of the picture that I found at the internet.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. robina1978 All rights reserved.
robina1978 has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.