Commentary and Philosophy Non-Fiction posted July 17, 2011


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
A poet is full of...

Potential

by fairydancer




A poet is a channel through which emotions flow; a creator of moods and dreams, and a crafter of mental images. Potentially a poet is the ears, eyes and heart of their generation; an exploder of conventions or indoctrinator of ideologies. And a poet is a fantasizer; an inventor of paradise or destroyer of worlds. But a poet is also a person with their own desires, feelings and limitations, and personal interpretation will always shine through. But most of all a poet is a soul who needs to reach you.



Define It! writing prompt entry
Writing Prompt
Write a paragraph which defines / describes what you perceive a POET to be, in less than 100 words.

Recognized




A poet chanels emotions; even a nature poem expresses the emotion of the poet at the time of writing, and in the case of nature poems that is often immediacy: the feeling of living in the now and appreciating what you have.
90 words.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. fairydancer All rights reserved.
fairydancer has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.