Writing Non-Fiction posted July 1, 2011


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
I am attempting to query an agent.

Query Letter

by barbara.wilkey

Dear Mr. So&So,


When a hard-nosed government agent and a young computer geek come together, you get romance. Throw in a drug cartel and you get a series of fireworks that leap across state and federal boundaries plus an explosive mixture of danger and espionage. Opposites attract, but when they fall in love, can they make it work? Her Pretty Little Neck explores that question, while the couple combats the Vegas Drug Cartel throughout this 69,000 word novel.

Colonel Matt Patterson is a team chief for Task Force 385, a secret government agency whose mission is to annihilate drug movement within the borders of the United States. He takes pride in his no-nonsense approach to life. That is until he meets the newly hired Danielle 'Dani' Harris, their computer geek. She can gain access to any computer, as well as Matt's heart.

Dani's impulsiveness and lack of understanding about the dangers of cartels cause her to be kidnapped and shot. Her intelligence mixed with stubbornness whittles away at Matt's defenses. He feels he spends more time rescuing her than fighting the cartels. Their differences cause them to deny their feelings, only to eventually embrace love.

Her Pretty Little Neck is a sixteen chapter, completed first novel. There are three additional completed romance novels about Task Force 385. Each has a new hero and heroine struggling with romance.

You have been recommended by multiple sources and I believe your expertise in the field of romance novels would be a good match.

I have read and enjoyed several hundred romance novels. I am a military spouse of twenty-three years with friends and a son still in the military. My understanding of government operations brings a unique balance between the love story and the dangers of combating drug cartels.

Please note your preference on the enclosed postcard if you would like to see sample chapters or the complete manuscript. Thank you for your kind attention. Whatever the outcome of your scrutiny, your comments and advice would be greatly appreciated.




Recognized


Thank you RobRich for the lovely artwork.
I have done all I can, please help.
I have purchased two books on writing query letters and this is a combination of both books.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. barbara.wilkey All rights reserved.
barbara.wilkey has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.