Supernatural Fiction posted April 16, 2011


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
Passing the buck

Conversation

by Cogitator

"Hey, Beelzebub, thanks for heeding my call."

"Hard to say no to God, God."

"What are you doing to all those helpless people on earth? They keep bothering me for help."

"Hey, I live for them just like you do. Don't blame me for their troubles."

"Well, they sure think you're responsible."

"They have a lot of irrational thoughts. That's one of them."

"What do you mean?"

"They don't seem to want to take responsibility for their thoughts and actions. They're always trying to pass the buck to me or you. I try to satisfy their thoughts just like you do, but they don't seek to understand us. They are so self involved with physical and material things that they skip the importance of being alive."

"How so?" asks God.

"Well, for example, they will ask me to find jewelry stores to adorn their bodies with baubles, or actually adorn their bodies with tattoos, even make holes in their flesh for effect. They have little respect for your handiwork. All for the sake of getting attention from each other. They only want attention from you when they feel the pain of their ignorance. My job description states that I should be the connection between you and their material world, right?."

"Right. I gave them creative power to tend to the earth and each other. Instead, they blame you for the current state of society and the destruction of the planet. The finger of blame should point to their mirrors."

"You also gave them the need to breed. They are way too involved with that process without considering the potential result. The population has doubled in the last sixty years and they don't seem to care. They're more concerned about the real estate bubble bursting than the population bubble bursting."

Beelzebub continues: "Giving them the power to choose is probably the biggest problem. Right now, Muslims and Christians are at each others' throats touting that their god is better than the other's. They don't even realize, it's the same YOU. They use their power of choice primarily for vanity and oneupmanship. They have limited physical senses on which they place tremendous importance and most are either unwilling or unable to know themselves."

Beelzebub adds: "Furthermore, they are destroying your beautiful earth. They cut down the rain forest for monetary greed, destroy the environment to get fuel for their endless energy needs. Cities are like skin cancer. Mother Earth is sending some strong messages lately, but I doubt many will do anything except blame it on me or knock on your door. There's seems to be no end to their ignorance."

God interjects: "OK, OK, take it easy. They're still learning."

Beelzebub: "No, they're not. Most of them are brain dead. Stuck in the ruts of habit, propaganda and doctrine. They use inane entertainment to fill their leisure time."

God replies: "Look, when I said "Let There Be Light," I assumed man would seek the source and that my job was done. Now, they continually badger me about their condition. I put you in charge of the human plane of consciousness to fulfill their earthly wishes and you're telling me they are using you to destroy themselves. Is that accurate?"

"Sure enough."

"Do you think we should save this bunch or start over?"

"What do they ask for when they ring your chimes?"

"Peace, usually. Sometimes they ask for forgiveness, not knowing they always have it. Some ask for guidance and get it. But, when they do get guidance, they try to give me credit instead of understanding the simple thought and hope for a better path was found within themselves."

God continues: "It appears that people simply don't see your purpose. They haven't yet realized that you're linked to my creative power and that anything they can imagine will be delivered to them. They are creating something they call Hell, which is a concept totally inconceivable to me."

"That's it in a nutshell. They continually accuse me of creating hell."

"Why do you think they imagine hell?"

"Ignorance of the fact they are in heaven - your heaven."

"How can we help them see this on the human plane?"

"Make them answer their own prayers."

"That would take too long. Mother Earth would be fried before they figured out how to solve the problems they created."

Beelzebub enjoins: "How about another Messiah? A lot of them are sending requests for a Messiah these days. Do you think it may be time?"

"Could be. The chaos seems to be mounting, that's for sure."

God replies: "I don't know. Last time I sent one, the people brutalized and tortured him to death."

"Yes, but that was pretty much localized in a small region. Global communication systems would spread your Word much more easily today."

"That's true. He probably would be interviewed by the BBC. They have worldwide coverage."

God asks: "What language would he speak? Most of the prayers are coming in Arabic."

"Don't know for sure, but they have translating software on much of the communication systems. That may not be a problem. Also, we could make a YouTube video, get him a FaceBook page and without doubt, have him tweet. I think his followers would grow quickly. There's a problem with that approach, though."

"What?"

"Some elements who control the status quo will perceive him as a threat. Big Brother monitors all communication. He may not live long enough to finish the job. There a lot of psychotics in the various spy systems who think nothing of offing someone on command."

God asks: "What message should we give him to share?"

"It should be something like: 'If you think the grass is greener in heaven, it's because you're not tending your own lawn.'"

"That may be too cryptic."

"They have to eventually know that they exist in Your Heaven. They just have to adjust their thoughts to that concept."

"Perhaps. But some of their mindsets are like concrete - all mixed up and permanently set. It'll take more time for those to realize the truth."

Beelzebub offers: "We have eternity, don't we?"

"OK, what would he look like?"

"Oh God! Oops, sorry. Didn't mean to take your name in vain, there. It just burst out because of all the bias and prejudice on earth. If he doesn't have eye appeal, most won't give him a New York second of attention."

"Should I send a life form from another planet?"

"Not a bad idea. That surely would get their attention, but would probably scare the bejeebers out of the little minds. They would have trouble making the transition from Messiah to Alien and vice versa."

God asks: "Should we even bother with the little minds? They'll just follow the others, no matter what."

"True, but we still have to consider the psychotics. Their response is normally to attack anything that even smells foreign to them. Wait a minute, wait a minute, I have an idea!"

"Tell me."

The Messiah is supposed to embody truth, universal love and eternal life, right?"

"Correct."

"Then we don't need a "body" at all. We can create him in cyberspace. No one can kill him then."



Recognized
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Cogitator All rights reserved.
Cogitator has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.