Romance Fiction posted April 10, 2011 Chapters:  ...4 5 -6- 7... 


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
Troy fears Anna is in trouble

A chapter in the book Lonely Hearts Meet

Part three Chapter two

by barbara.wilkey



Background
Anna is a young mother striving to find a way out of an abusive marriage. She meets a stranger, Troy. Troy fights his own demons. Can they help each other find love, or are their struggles too much.
Previous Post:
Anna endures an afternoon and night of abuse.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The following day, Troy paced the sidewalk in front of the bookstore waiting for Anna and tried to ignore the pain in his gut. He glanced at his watch and cringed. Four minutes had passed since he had last checked. It's almost one thirty. She's not coming. He released a deep breath. I'm sure it's only because Michael's still sick. I'd better get back to work.

*****
At Troy's office, fear gripped him and he grabbed the phone book. Rodgers, here it is, Robert. That could be Bobby. He wrote down 315 Maple Avenue. I think it's across town. He grabbed his sports jacket and left. I'm glad I brought my car today. I may have passengers.

On his telephone GPS, he entered the address. That's in the area of town I thought it was. Not the best neighborhood, but far from the worst.

When Troy turned on Maple Avenue, he saw Anna's car sitting in the driveway and beside it was Bobby's pickup. How am I going to talk with Anna without her husband knowing about it? I could pretend I'm a salesman or handing out religious pamphlets. He parked his black BMW up one block, hoping not to raise suspicion.

After a deep sigh, Troy knocked three times on the door before he heard footsteps coming toward it.

The door cracked open, but he couldn't tell who opened it. He heard Anna's voice, "We don't need anything." The door started to close.

"Anna, it's Troy." He pushed the door open a little. "I was worried. Damn! Did Bobby do this to you?" He touched her black and blue cheek. "Why didn't you call?" He brushed hair away from her swollen-shut eye.

When she stared at the floor, he touched her hand. "Get Michael. I'm taking you out of this house."

"Bitch, who's at the door?"

She slammed the door shut and locked it. "A salesman. I told him we weren't interested."

Troy heard fear in her voice as he stood on the porch. Then he heard Bobby yell, but couldn't make out the words. When Troy heard a thud and Anna cry out in pain, he closed his eyes. Images of his mother flashed through his mind. He shoved his shoulder against the door and turned the knob but it wouldn't budge. He yanked his cell phone from the clip and dialed 911. "Anna, forgive me for interfering, but I can't allow him to kill you. I just hope the police get here in time."



Recognized


I know this is a short post, but adding it to my previous post didn't seem right and it's at the end of a chapter in my novel.
My next post will reveal if Anna makes it to safety.

I always hesitate when I click on fiction, because although this is a fictional romance, this type of abuse is real in many women's lives. I don't want to make light of it. It's real and it's serious.

An update on my condition; other than I've started radiation I have no other news. So far, radiation isn't as bad as chemo.
Thank you for reading. I appreciate all of you.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. barbara.wilkey All rights reserved.
barbara.wilkey has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.