Commentary and Philosophy Non-Fiction posted February 27, 2011


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
A young man gives up, but he lives on ...

The Fruitstand Of Tunisia

by Realist101

Freedom. What a word! A twenty six year old grad student, desperate to live, to support himself and his family, gave up. But he lives on, in this exodus of wills across his world. Our world.

The authority came and demanded a permit that Mahamed had no money for. The despair overcame him, or he decided to do something that would bring others together like nothing else could have. The fire that consumed him lit up the world. It became the catalyst for change. And I want so badly for this death to mean something. I pray it was the first step in a journey to real peace.

Surely it will be. Surely it will be the beginning of victory for those inheriting the future. It's a bloodbath now, yes. But sometimes the skies must get darker, a lot darker, before the sun can shine again.

I know nothing really, of politics. But I know, and I feel, the exhilaration of seeing people stand tall against wrong.

I salute, pray for and admire Mahamed Bouazizi. They say he gave up in despair, but maybe, just maybe he knew what he was doing. Just maybe, he knew. And to all the ones who are now in this battle for their lives, may your brave hearts ring the bells of freedom now and forever more.



Recognized


This young man burned himself to death in the town of Tunisia after the police took his fruitstand away. Thoughts on the Middle East...may the powers that be, help all the down trodden everywhere. Thank you for reading and to Photobucket.com too.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Realist101 All rights reserved. Registered copyright with FanStory.
Realist101 has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.