General Flash Fiction posted December 19, 2010


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
What would Jesus do?

Barstools and Bethlehem

by Realist101

Two visitors in Judea sat drinking, seemingly lost in their own thoughts. But each man was eyeing the other with suspicion and curiosity.

Finally, the Christian broke the silence, his question blunt.

"So, do you Muslims worship Jesus?"

The turbaned man stared straight ahead, sipping his beverage as if he hadn't heard the white man speak.

Insulted, the Christian started to rise from his barstool, fists clenched.

A man with long hair came and sat down next to him.

"And now, we have a hippy too!" The drunk was spoiling for a fight. He slurped on his beer and slid off his seat, falling into the hippy.

"I'm gonna kick some ass," he muttered drunkenly.

Jesus took him by the scruff of his collar and led him outside.

"Not in my town, you aren't."



Recognized


Inspired by scanning the dictionary in the b words. And the season. I do not wish to offend anyone. Just contemplating human nature. Thank you for reading.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Realist101 All rights reserved. Registered copyright with FanStory.
Realist101 has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.