Sports Fiction posted December 17, 2010


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
contest entry

Rockin' My Destiny

by Sallyo

I wiped my sweaty forehead and paused for a drink. The water was lukewarm in my flask as I tilted my head to appraise the towering rock before me.

"What's the damage?" I asked.

My guide, Henrietta, grinned. "I won't charge you to make this climb, Ammie. That would be heartless. After all, you claim this rock is your destiny."

"It would be cruel," I agreed, grinning back. "But without your help I would have to abandon my quest." I fell into a pose of entreaty, playing up the drama. "I would be lost! I would be forever brimming with regret!"

Henrietta had a swig from her own drink bottle and checked my bootlaces. "Right!" she said cheerfully. "Let's have at the bastard!"

Together, we began the climb.



100 Word Story writing prompt entry
Writing Prompt
Write a story that is between 100 and 150 words. The trick is you must use the following words: drink - rock - damage - heartless - destiny - cruel - abandon - lost - regret - bastard. Words may be used in different formats (for example: drink, drinking or drank)


Story had to be between 100 and 150 words and to use the following words: drink - rock - damage - heartless - destiny - cruel - abandon - lost - regret - bastard. (Note - Australians use "bastard" as a term of affection sometimes.)
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Sallyo All rights reserved.
Sallyo has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.