Commentary and Philosophy Fiction posted December 17, 2010


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
Moments of bliss for years of grief.

Poison Pen

by Writingfundimension

The new partner they hired was charismatic, cruel  and riddled with self-doubt - the latter not being a healthy attribute for a man making his living by the precision of his knife.  Of course, all of this only made the crazybastard more challenging for me.

It was Kismet, Fate, Destiny - whatever you want to call it - that we had met.  He was my soulmate; and I knew I could love him into being a better man!  That I talked myself into believing it I will foreverregret.  And even more, the heartless abandonment of my faithful spouse.

I wanted to go public at the end; but draining his bank account wouldn't have replaced the self-respect I lost or repaired my rocky marriage.  Rumors are he's drinking more.  Maybe, like me, he hates who he sees in the mirror. 



100 Word Story writing prompt entry
Writing Prompt
Write a story that is between 100 and 150 words. The trick is you must use the following words: drink - rock - damage - heartless - destiny - cruel - abandon - lost - regret - bastard. Words may be used in different formats (for example: drink, drinking or drank)


Thank you to Kevan for the composition Peace. Contest requiring no more than 150 words and using the following words: abandonment, bastard, cruel, destiny, drink, heartless, lost and regret. Total words in piece: 143
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Writingfundimension All rights reserved.
Writingfundimension has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.