General Fiction posted October 31, 2010


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
contest entry

To Whom It May Concern

by Eternal Muse

Silverfox and Mink, LLC
123 Evergreen Street
Wakefield, IL 77777


October 31, 2010


To: Beaver, Lynx and Sable Inc.
666 Black Shadow Lane
Sheisterblock, IL 11223

Dear Sir/Madam,

It is our great pleasure to submit a letter of reference for Jeffrey Goodworth. Jeffrey has been our employee since 1990, when this company first opened its doors.

Jeff is a kind of an employee any employer desires to have. Creative and straightforward, organized and trustworthy, punctual and loyal, honest and scrupulous to a fault, passionate when it comes to his profession; willing to fight for his principles, if needed, physically. Jeffrey has a black belt in Karate and Judo; he was also a boxing champion for his tome town of Upper Saint Ducket.

No foul play or unscrupulous activity will escape Jeffrey's eye. He once told us - before he takes a job, he conducts a full investigation of the company he is applying to; his grandfather Morton Goodworth, III was once the FBI director. Thus, Jeffrey has an access to the special FBI computer, and God help those with monkey business; Jeffrey will blow them right out of the water!

Mr. Goodworth is the hardest working man alive. He spends at least ten hours in the office each day; and when working on a late project, he often sleeps on the couch.

He will be the eye and conscience of your company. He will make sure you are always on target; and will be the captain to never steer your yacht off course.

If you have any questions or need any further information, please do not hesitate to contact the undersigned.

Yours very truly,

Gideon L. Pointdexter
President and CEO

________________

"Mr. Lynx, Mr. Beaver, I have mail for you!" a pretty redheaded secretary was waving the letter that just arrived by special delivery.

"What is it, Lynx?" asked Charles Beaver, looking at the letter.

"Oh, good! It's the reference letter for that kid, Goodworth, that Josette Weatherspoon told me about. Says he is real gold."

The partners read the letter of reference.

"He'll be the conscience of our company? Our eyes and ears?" They looked at one another.

There are companies that would prefer the near-sighted help.

"His grandfather was the FBI director? God - what do they know about us?"



Reference Letter contest entry
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Eternal Muse All rights reserved.
Eternal Muse has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.