Humor Fiction posted July 18, 2010


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
Girard always wanted to be an actor

Audition

by Mastery

100 Word Dash Contest Winner 
The author has placed a warning on this post for language.













Waiting offstage, Girard angrily tore off his new seven-hundred-dollar wig and hurled it into a corner, where it lay like a dead Pekingese. He appeared to be in the grim stages of chemotherapy-- nervous and shaky. His lips were thin and papery, the color of wet cement.

"Remember now," said the director of the Napoleonic drama. "Your cue is the cannon going off, stage left. Then you say: 'Hark! Is that a cannon I hear?' That's it. You'll be fine, Jerry."

When the cannon roared, Girard quickly snapped his head to the side and blurted, "What the fuck was that?"


Writing Prompt
Take flash fiction to the extreme. Can you tell a complete story in just 100 words. If so, this is your opportunity to shine. The story can be about any subject you wish, creative approaches are of course encouraged. All stories must have the following: Main Character, Setting, Conflict, Resolution.

100 Word Dash
Contest Winner

Recognized


Stage fright can really mess you up. Thanks Jgrace for your fine picture.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Mastery All rights reserved.
Mastery has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.