General Poetry posted April 20, 2010 Chapters:  ...10 11 -12- 13... 


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
keep your hope alive....

A chapter in the book Contest Collage

a magical ride

by shelley kaye

Luna and The Dream Master Contest Winner 


free verse
all lowercase
no punctuation



Background













joy is joyous
in dreamland tonight
when luna and the dreammaster
take her
on an unforgettable flight

they ride stallions
through the sky
three horses
side by side
flying free
black, brown, and white
in the midnight blue
way up high

through the stars
and past the moon
to the planets
they will visit soon
a red one
an orange one
a blue one too
even one with rings

racing around and around
oh the joy it brings
to joy in her dreams
to fly on horses
with her friends



faster and faster they all fly
on a magic love that guides
their way back home
through the dark night

until the morning light
calls luna and the dreammaster
to their next destination....

(taking me to my land of oz)








Luna and The Dream Master
Contest Winner

Recognized



*important note - please read*

*LUNA CHALLENGED ME TO ENTER HER DREAMMASTER CONTEST*

the following was copy&pasted direct from the announcement:

In Honor of Fictionwriter (Joy). Joy has been requesting me to send my muse, Luna and her muse (my grand-muse) The Dream Master, on one of their fantastic adventures. The purpose of this contest is for YOU to send JOY, together with my two muses, on the adventure of her life.

Luna has been my muse for years. She loves to play on the moon and swing on stars, fly with fairies and dance in the meadow at night with the noctural creatures. She can be very mischievous and loves a good trick. The Dream Master is very powerful. He lives in a glorious castle in the sky and is the Giver of Dreams. Beings from far and wide come to him to ask him to grant them good dreams. Usually (if he is not irritated with Luna), he grants all requests. He and Luna have a long history together. They have taken many grand adventures, to other galaxies, to King Arthur's Court, to the bottom of the sea to visit the Sea God, to the land of the ten foot high talking flowers, the list is endless. They travel via magic carpet, by flight (the Dream Master can fly and Luna holds his hand) and by teleportation. They have an on again, off again, romantic relationship. At one time they were engaged to be married. All of this is documented in my portfolio if you are interested.

Your poem should be at least 24 lines, and remember, Joy will be accompanying the two on this adventure. IMPORTANT: The last stanza of the poem should not only wind up the trip but should indicate to me where they plan to go next, and will be the subject of my next poem about the pair.

Rhyming or free verse, it matters not. Just make sure Joy has a great time!

Use any art you like.





if you read the profile of "fictionwriter" (all lowercase) you will find she loves to ride horses - i took that fact and ran with it.... or should i say flew with it hehe ;-)

thanx for reading ~ do please leave your two cents and fanstory will leave you theirs....

laters!
shelley :)


Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. shelley kaye All rights reserved. Registered copyright with FanStory.
shelley kaye has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.