Letters and Diary Non-Fiction posted August 10, 2009


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
Why I still write.

Thin Skinned Writer

by Helvi2

Some people will see this, but not read it, others will see my name and cross it off their list, but there will be some who will enter. THANK YOU!

They say if you want to be a writer you have to be thick-skinned. Though I have been on Fan Story for five years this month I have yet to achieve that goal. I can only believe there is something wrong with me. My skin is SO thin it's transparent! I worry about everything I write and if it's going to be liked. There are definately times I want to throw in the towel. I certainly have been wacked by it...But ....I have writer's blood.

A true writer can not help themself when it comes to writing. Even when my world is turned upside down I can not resist the urge to pick up a pen. NO one wants to feel harsh comments penetrate their skin or believe they have nothing to offer. It hurts when one's writing sits in plain sight and no one even acknolwledges it's there. The only thing that crosses the mind is...."What did I do wrong?" ...IT hurts!

What is it that keeps me hanging on? It's found in knowing that I made someone smile. Though I would love to give that gift to everyone I know it is not going to happen. I may not be the most popular writer or the BEST, but knowing that I touch a few people is all that I need to go on...even when some split my skin.

Bless You for Entering Helvi's Zone










Recognized


This just came to me on the spur of the moment. I will never be a writer that doesn't fee the pain of rejection, but it is because of that, that I will always try to be better.

I am absolutely blown away by the people who like what I write.
Thank you SO much!
Helvi :o)
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Helvi2 All rights reserved.
Helvi2 has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.