Spiritual Fiction posted June 13, 2009


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
A conversation with Jesus

Insignificant No More

by Janilou


















Milking goats took forever some days, or so it seemed. The whooshing sound of the milking machines and pump, combined with the i-Pod headphones I wore, drowned out everything but the heaviness in my heart. A goat bleated and I turned to see Jesus standing by the milk-house door.

I wiped a tear from my eye. "Jesus! I didn't hear you arrive."

He smiled and touched my cheek. "I didn't 'arrive.' I'm with you always, remember?"

Inhaling the sweet perfume of His presence, I rested in His embrace for a moment, before switching a milker to another goat. Even with the King of Kings standing there, the goats still needed my attention.

"Oh, Jesus," I said. "There is so much on my mind I can't see the light at the end of the tunnel, even though I know it's there. So many people I care about are in distress right now and I don't know how to help them. I can't find the right words to say. All I can do is point them toward You, Lord Jesus. You are the only one who can really comfort and help them."

Jesus nodded. "You feel their pain, Dearheart, don't you?" 

"Yes, I do, but does it help at all? I feel so useless at times. Do the tears I cry for them ease the burden in their hearts at all? I've lifted them up before Your Father, in Your name.  I try to be there for them, but does a voice on the phone, a letter, or a story help?"

"More than you will ever know, child. Think, little one. How many times have I reached out to you through My other children? You must remember, though, as much as you care for them, you can't carry their burdens either."

"Help me lay them at Your feet, Jesus." I felt His hand on my shoulder and peace caressed my soul. I hugged Him once more. "Thank you for being here. You always know when I need you the most."

His smile lit the room with a radiance that warmed my soul. 

"Would you do something for me, daughter?"

"Of course, Jesus!"

"Tell my daughter she is not insignificant in my eyes. She is my beloved child and I love her very much. If she'd been the only soul on earth in need of salvation, I would have gone to the cross to save her alone. 

"Tell my son I love him more than he will ever comprehend, and no matter how alone he feels at times, all he needs to do is call My name."

My heart flooded with the warmth of His message. "So You were with me this morning, while I was on the computer. I will tell them, Lord."

"Dearheart. I have someone to talk to. Back in a moment."

Jesus followed my daughter's favorite goat, Brownie, out of the milking parlor into the barn. He paused to speak to a nesting barn swallow and I wondered what He was saying to her. What could a swallow possibly have to worry about? Her eggs? Her fledglings? 

Just one little barn swallow in a world filled with birds, and yet, the Savior, the King of Kings stopped to speak with her this morning. I wondered if she'd ever felt insignificant?

Not any more.




Historia del Mes contest entry

Recognized


For all those hurting out there today. He loves you.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Janilou All rights reserved.
Janilou has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.