Horror and Thriller Fiction posted May 18, 2009


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
Perhaps it's time to see a doctor.

Trial Run

by Mastery




















Lately Alex's life was not shaped so much by the compulsions that he fostered; instead it was just a matter of a wrong turn in an angry moment and a disregard for consequences.

His wrench smashed his wife Nettie behind the ear with a wet crack, like a rain-soaked newspaper hitting the front porch. She fell, straight down, as though her body had vaporized. Then, Alex grabbed her hair with both hands and twisted her head, abruptly. It only took once and he heard her neck snap.

He woke up sweating in a bright shaft of sunlight through the window.



100 Word Dash writing prompt entry
Writing Prompt
Take flash fiction to the extreme. Can you tell a complete story in just 100 words. If so, this is your opportunity to shine. The story can be about any subject you wish, creative approaches are of course encouraged. All stories must have the following: Main Character, Setting, Conflict, Resolution.

Recognized


Insomnia is better.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Mastery All rights reserved.
Mastery has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.