Spiritual Fiction posted November 25, 2008


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
An Evening With God, the Father

The Visitor

by Janilou


He Loves You.













There's no more beautiful sight than finding God sitting in your living room.

"Thank you for coming," I said.

God smiled. "Anything for you, precious one."

I kneeled by His feet. "Y-You are so beautiful."

He touched my arm.  "Rise, daughter. We have much to talk about tonight."

"It doesn't seem right, Father. I have no throne, nothing worthy of Your majesty."

"I would sit in the darkest dungeons of hell, if that's where you were, little one." 


"Father God," I said, "There's something I wanted to ask you about."

He lifted my chin. "I know. The answer is simple. Everyone. I love everyone."

"Even the ones who don't believe in You?"

"Yes, child."

"What about the ones who curse You, or do unspeakable evil in Your name?"

His eyes filled with tears. "Every last one of them."

I choked back a sob. 

"Father, why? Why is there so much evil in this world? Why don't You stop it from happening? You could zap everybody and they'd all love each other."

"It doesn't work both ways, dearheart, and I don't want puppets."

"God, tell me again what heaven's like. I love to hear about it.  Will we be happy there?"

God's eyes lit up like a thousand galaxies burning on the clearest summer night.

"Oh, yes."

I opened my mouth to speak again, and the phone rang.  I looked at Him. 

"Go on, answer it," God said.

Tearing myself from His side, I hurried past Jesus, to the office.

"Hello?"

A tearful voice echoed down the line. "Hi, Jani. Do you have time to talk?"

I glanced back into the living room where God sat, scratching my dog's ears as two glorious angels hovered above Him.

"Well . . . ." I paused. Hearing the unspoken desperation in my friend's voice, I added, "Sure. What's up?"

"If it's a bad time, I can call back. Do you have company?"

I smiled. "Oh, you know, just God, with a couple of angels floating above His head. I think I just saw Jesus walking by the kitchen. Same as every day."

"Very funny. I wish I could feel as close to God as you do," my friend said.  "I'd give anything to see Him face to face."

"Why don't you come on over?"

"Seriously? You're not too busy? It's pretty late."

"Naw. It's never too late. See you in a few minutes. We'll be waiting for you."

"We?"

"God and me. Jesus, too."

"Oh, yeah, right."

I placed the receiver down and turned around, nearly bumping into Jesus. 

He embraced me, took my hand, and led me back to God. 

I sank down by His feet once more. 

"Oh, Father, I don't know what to do. My friend feels so distant from You and yet, here You are, right in this room."

God smiled, but there was sadness in His eyes as deep as the ocean.

"I get that a lot," He said.




 




Recognized


The contest said God is in your living room. It's nighttime. Talk to Him. So I did. Now, it's two in the morning and I'm going to bed, after a great conversation.
The contest said use all dialogue and I didn't. Oops. Count me out of the contest, and I hope you enjoyed this all the same.
Of course there's spag. But, dear friends, if you let me know what it is, I will polish this in a few hours when I've taken a nap. :-)
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Janilou All rights reserved.
Janilou has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.