Spiritual Non-Fiction posted July 22, 2008


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
Can you imagine being able to see your prayers?

A Glimpse Of Heaven

by Janilou


For anyone who needs to know how much God loves you today.
 




















I leaned against the door of the barn and looked out across the green cornfields at a clear blue sky dotted with cotton-wool clouds. 

It may have been the hazy day or my tired eyes, but all I could see were tiny, shimmering circles of light cascading down from the heavens. I watched in amazement, hoping whatever visual oddity this was, it wouldn't vanish too soon.

Then I noticed while most of the light circles were coming down, some floated up into the sky. 

It's like watching prayers, I thought. What if those shimmering circles are the answers to prayers being sent to God. Our prayers float up to God, and His love cascades down upon us even when we can't see it.

We live in a world full of invisible, technological wonders. I accept the presence of satellite signals shooting down from the sky to a metal dish on the side of my house and don't give a moment's thought to the process while I watch my favorite television shows. I talk to my family, thousands of miles away over the ocean, on a cell-phone, and I don't need to see those conversations flowing through the sky to know they are real. 

Of all generations, why does ours still need to see to believe?


I'm quite thankful for my earthly sight, when it comes to dust mites, bacteria and viruses. If we could literally see everything in the air as we walked around, we might all live in glass bubbles! I think there is a good reason why God gave us limited vision.


Here on earth we see through a glass, darkly, the Bible tells us. We cannot imagine the true wonders of heaven or see the world the way God does. 


Sometimes we are given a glimpse of the glory of God when someone taking their last breath, opens their eyes wide and says, "Oh, it's so beautiful." I heard one of those stories last night on the radio, and it gave me goosebumps. I could almost see those angels carrying her home in their gentle embrace.

When I think of those beautiful circles of light, I am reminded of God's love for us and His presence.  He is with us every moment of every day. He loves us that much. He loves you that much and He does hear your prayer, the cry from your broken heart. Be still and know. . .

                                                              Emmanuel - God is with us.



Recognized


1 Corinthians 13:12 - For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known.

Please forgive me for the shortness of this piece. Right now, I am so busy on the farm, it is either write short or not at all. Blessings to all,
Hugs,
Jan
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Janilou All rights reserved.
Janilou has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.