Spiritual Non-Fiction posted April 11, 2008


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
Someone is praying you through

A Prayer's Heartbeat

by Janilou


For my fellow Christian believers. Prayer is such a powerful thing.





















Imagine today is the worst day of your life. Perhaps you feel down, or discouraged, tired or sad. Things aren't going as you hoped or planned. You wonder where you will find the strength to cope with another hour, much less the rest of your miserable existence.

Suddenly, your spirit is lifted, and you feel a peace drift across your weary mind, as hope caresses your heart. 

Has someone just prayed for you?

There is a song on the radio that talks about another believer "praying you through" your day. You might not even know the person anymore. An old friend or acquaintance, or a stranger you passed on the street. Maybe it has been years since you saw them.

Today, while you wondered if you had a friend in the world who even cared, that person prayed for you, as they drove along the highway, worked behind their desk, or cooked a meal for their family. Wherever they were, they thought of you and lifted you up in spirit before your Father, God. 

Perhaps, the prayer went like this:

Father, God. Please be with _________ today. Bless her, Father, and lift her spirits. Bring her comfort, peace and Your unconditional love. Let her know she is Your child. Help her to understand how much You love her. Guide her every step today and protect her loved ones, in Jesus' name. 

Or this:

In Jesus' Name, I ask for You to be with ___________ right now, Father. Bring healing to him. Bind the pain and the sorrow and allow Your healing rain to wash over his heart. Pour out Your blessings upon him, God, and let him feel Your love in a way he never has before. Whatever he faces, may Your presence be so real, it cannot be denied by anyone around him. 

Or, like this:

Heavenly Father, I can never understand the loss they face, but I ask, in Jesus' name, for Your great mercy to bring some comfort to their hearts today. Let them know their child is with You, Father, and bring a moment of peace to lessen their pain.  Let them feel Your presence. Bring others around them to show them love.

Maybe, your day wasn't terrible at all. Everything was wonderful. Yet, that someone still felt led to pray for you.

Thank you, Jesus, for the blessings you have brought into my friends' lives today. Perhaps they don't even remember to think of me these days, but I will never forget the wonderful times we shared. I pray You will continue to bless them and guide them, and that Your love will always be a shining light reflecting from their faces. Thank you for blessing me by knowing them.


As believers, it is an amazing comfort to know God's love. To know there are others praying you through the hard times, lifting you up before God's heart, reminds us just how much He does love us. 

Perhaps the greatest blessing comes to the one who does the praying, for in communicating with God, in a spirit of caring, His love comes flowing right down from heaven into our hearts every time we do this.

Pray for someone today. Ask God to bring someone you know to your thoughts, and start talking to Him about that person. You might be amazed at how many people start coming to mind. It doesn't matter if you don't know what they need, or how they are doing. God does. It doesn't matter if you don't even remember their name. God knows the number of hairs on their head.

One day, you might be the one who needs someone praying you through. How comforting to know, with certainty, someone is doing just that for you, right now. Amen.



Recognized


Bless your heart. Just some thoughts I had today after spending time in prayer as described above.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Janilou All rights reserved.
Janilou has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.