Humor Non-Fiction posted May 21, 2024


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
A freebie from Jay Squires

From Jay with Love

by Terry Broxson


"My name is Terry, and I'm a Jay Squires addict."
 
"My name is Ulla, and I'm a Jay Squires addict."
 
"Hi, my name is Debi, and I'm a Jay Squires addict."
 
"My name is Diane, and I'm a Jay Squires addict." 
 
A semicircle of men and women sitting on brown padded folding chairs drinking semi-warm coffee are gathered in the basement of a Presbyterian church, looking at iPads that link a Zoom meeting around the world. 
 
Terry's iPhone 15 dings. It's a text from Jay. "Did you notice three times more lady fans than guys? Are you jealous?''
 
Terry texts back. "Dang it, Jay, I'm busy."
 
Ding. "And where did you get that crappy picture of me. You know I have more hair and look much better than that cartoon character!" 
 
"Jay, please be quiet. This is a serious meeting."
 
"But Terry, I have a special offer for my fans. They can get a free download for the first chapter of my book, The Trining. There is a free link to Amazon."
 
"Jay, I can't post a story with a free link to a Jay Squires' story to a support group for Jay Squires's addicts. That would be like bringing a bottle of Jack Daniels to an AA meeting."
 
"Terry, can't you at least post the link in the notes section so that my fans, especially the lady fans, can paste the link in their browser and get to the free offer on Amazon?"
 
Terry shakes his head and sighs. His fingers fly over the iPhone's keypad.  "Well, it is a good story. I guess if some of the people fall off the wagon this week, they can come to another meeting next Monday. But Jay, you're going to have to provide the Snickerdoodle cookies."
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 



Recognized

#28
May
2024


The free link to Amazon.
https://www.amazon.com/Trining-Book-Becoming-Pondria-ebook/dp/B0C6Z3S1DK/ref=sr_1_2?crid=191T5LLW6V0Q3&keywords=jay+squires+the+trining&qid=1688575108&sprefix=%2Caps%2C582&sr=8-2
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Terry Broxson All rights reserved.
Terry Broxson has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.