General Flash Fiction posted March 20, 2024


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
There is always someone trying to take advantage.

Her Idea

by Mia Twysted

Dialogue Only Prompt Contest Winner 
The author has placed a warning on this post for language.

You made the presentation without me?  

Mr. Whithall and Maxwell loved the new direction.

You have got to be kidding me.

This is no joke, I assure you.

It has to be. I was the one who came up with that idea. It was mine, not yours.

You work under me. Your ideas are my ideas.

Are you serious?

I will present the idea to the board of directors tomorrow morning, and you will assist me.

Assist you? Assist you? 

Yes. You will show up, do what I say when I say it, or you will find yourself another avenue of employment.

Wow.

Do you understand what I'm saying?

You didn't think this was going to work now, did you?

I ask again. Do you understand what I am saying?

Oh, I understand what you're saying. You're an evil little dicked man who doesn't have any original ideas of his own, so you steal them from hard-working decent people and then try to lean on them by threatening their jobs.

Rebecca, be serious.

How many times have you done this? How many poor souls have you beaten into submission because they were living paycheck to paycheck? Because they needed to put food in their children's mouths or clothes on their backs. 

You will sit down and stop this nonsense right away or...

Or what? Do you think I need this shit? You think I can't make it in this big bad business without you by my side?

Stop causing a scene.

You haven't seen a scene, but you're going to. I will take this city by storm; you won't know what hit you.

You walk out that door, and you are done.

The only thing I am when I walk out that door is free. I hope that idea of mine carries you a long way because it's the last one you're getting.

What are you going to do, Rebecca, start your own business?

Not a bad idea. Is that sweat I see on your forehead? Don't answer. I know it is. 

This is an excellent little speech, but we both know you need me.

Need you; I don't need you. What do you think you are my phone charger? 

I'll ruin you.

No, Peter. I'll ruin you. Beware the patient woman. I'll tear the ground out from under your feet when you think you have it all. You'll be left battered, bruised, beaten, and hammered to defeat. I will cut you in ways you can't even imagine yet. I will leave you begging for death. 

You don't scare me.

I don't, then why are you shaking? I'll be seeing you around, Peter.



Writing Prompt
Write a story using only dialogue. No narration, descriptions, or sentence tags. Maximum word count: 1,000.

Dialogue Only Prompt
Contest Winner
Pays one point and 2 member cents.

Artwork by Glena Jessee-King at FanArtReview.com

Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Mia Twysted All rights reserved.
Mia Twysted has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.