General Poetry posted February 29, 2024


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
We all have a creative pixie inside.

A More Colorful Me

by Douglas Goff

My Muse Contest Winner 

How would I describe my inner muse? What wonderful words would I choose? What perfect description could I use? 

She’s definitely a she, you see. Because she talks so much more than me. Working together, she and I become we.

I would guess she’s a wayward fiery redhead. Because she’s wild, wily, and always well said. Women like that are most certainly un-wed.  

Add in a dash of snarky attitude. She’s properly motivated by words of platitude. To her I owe my eternal gratitude. 

Her creations are edgy and strong. Some of you even complain they are a bit long. Firmly she states you may not be right, but you certainly aren’t wrong. 

Internally confused, yet I know for sure. Her many fantastic words pass like a blur. Step into our creative world and we’ll give you a tour.  

Her ramblings pour forth like a babbling creek. To which we haven’t nearly reached our peak. A writing venue is all we seek.  

Her wondrous musings have been with me from the start. If you find yourself wondering if we’ll ever part. Not a chance, she dwells deep within my heart.



Writing Prompt
Write a poem, any length, about your muse. Who or what inspires you to write?

My Muse
Contest Winner

Recognized


We all have many facets to our personalities. I think we subconsciously choose which ones to water and place in the sunlight and which ones to starve and keep behind closed doors.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Douglas Goff All rights reserved.
Douglas Goff has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.