Spiritual Flash Fiction posted February 29, 2024


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
A way in which I choose to picture my faith in God..

The Remote

by BethShelby

Faith Flash Contest Winner 

I picture life as a vast ocean everyone must cross. Each person is given a boat and taught how to control it. Their only choice is to go forward. There is no turning back. There are both interesting and dangerous ports along the way, but you can’t linger. They are only temporary stops.

You can control your own boat, or you can choose to have a remote connecting you to a super guidance system. This system was purchased at a great price for those that wish to have it as part of their boat.

You must maintain your own remote, but the guidance system never steers you wrong. If you follow the rules and depend on its creator, you’re guaranteed safe arrival on another shore where a lovingly prepared home awaits you. If your boat should fail in the middle of the ocean the guidance system will bring you safely to the shore. Your remote allows you to request help and direction. The communication is always open.

Those who choose to be the sole captain of their own boat have fewer rules and are free to do things which seem interesting. They can dive for treasure and put all their energy on material things, but the added weight often sinks their boats. If something goes wrong, they have only their own skills to depend on. The ocean can be pleasant with gentle waves, but often there are violent storms and the ocean isn’t a safe place.

The remote is faith. The superpower is a loving God, who wants you safely on the other side where only those with the remote end up. I tend to believe, at some point, everyone has the opportunity to choose. For me the choice is clear. I don’t ever won’t to be without my remote.




Faith Flash
Contest Winner

Recognized


300 words.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. BethShelby All rights reserved.
BethShelby has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.