Spiritual Fiction posted February 28, 2024


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
Why use a calendar if you don't believe in the future?

Calendar Entries Indicate Faith

by Reese Turner


Calendars have months. Twelve. Months are specific, sequential into the FUTURE. Days of months are numbered sequentially in boxes which are blank for us to insert our FUTURE plans (commitments) for any and all specific FUTURE days. 
 
So, to insert, commit, record that a specific future day will be noteworthy is FAITH that we will live to experience that day. That we’ll endure, enjoy, attend, share or suffer some specific future event. Preparation for any future: Faith!
 
Ah, but what powers Faith, you might challenge.  Many would answer that it comes from God and I would not debate them. Frankly, I don’t understand the origins of much.  So many theories, so many conflicting explanations, so much to read with so many words I do not understand…Yet, I do believe in a higher power by whatever name a given group assigns and that the wonders of our world and universe did not just come from a big boom.
 
Now, I am not one who says, “give all your problems to God and all will be well.” I tend to think that my Faith in the future will come both from preparation to deal with it and the acceptance of the frailties of earthlings and the messes which we create for ourselves.  I’ve Faith that the world can be a wonderful and beautiful place with love and laughter and life worth living.
 
However, our world can be a horrible, painful, frustrating and deadly place through no fault of our own. I could never believe that my God sends those things upon us any more than I could be sure that all good things come directly to us from Him. I plan for good days, accept the reality of bad days, but by Faith, life will continue, with the best yet to come…
 



Faith Flash contest entry


I am not worthy to preach or advise anyone. But, I am always ready to write my humble opinion.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Reese Turner All rights reserved.
Reese Turner has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.