General Fiction posted February 7, 2024


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
100 word fiction

Howling winds

by zanya


Lady Isabel struggled with her needlepoint.

Footsteps echoed on the cobblestones. Her father,Sir Edward, had returned.

Opening the door,he announced, 'today, Isabel,divest yourself of your widow’s weeds. Meet Sir Malcom, an eligible suitor, whose wild oats have  been sown.'

Seething, beneath her black wimple, she replied,‘Papa, My heart still grieves, for my beloved Sir Charles.’

‘Fiddlesticks,’ papa replied,'Offspring from Sir Malcom’s vintage loins will soon dispel your  grief and  ensure the future of  Ayrfield Manor.’

Rising from her seat,she exited the room, and was never seen again.

Today, winter winds howl through the dilapidated Manor ruins.

 




100 Word Dash writing prompt entry
Writing Prompt
Take flash fiction to the extreme. Can you tell a complete story in just 100 words. If so, this is your opportunity to shine. The story can be about any subject you wish, creative approaches are of course encouraged. All stories must have the following: Main Character, Setting, Conflict, Resolution.

Recognized


Image from Google
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. zanya All rights reserved.
zanya has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.