Humor Fiction posted January 20, 2024


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
Eighty-word challenge

This Happened at a Baby Shower

by Tom Horonzy


 
I saw a baby on the floor. The little child was but two feet tall. Even that is my best guess, for she had fallen flat on her chin, likely when her knees gave in as she began to crawl. The reason why? I do surmise it was her effort to move too fast, causing the infant to blow a gasket. Anyone could tell because of the smell from her rear end that she hied to go while leaking gas. 



80 Word Flash Fiction writing prompt entry
Writing Prompt
Write a story of 80 words. not including the title. Any subject accepted. Must be exactly 80 words.


The picture is my own and seemed apropos to the story.

This story came to me in a flash as I walked among the guests at said shower who had their infants spread on the floor, when a thought came clear that I had found a subject to meet the challenge that arrived this morning.

No children were injured in the making of this story.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Tom Horonzy All rights reserved.
Tom Horonzy has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.