Spiritual Non-Fiction posted November 3, 2023


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
Letter to God expressing my concerns.

Nov. 2023 Letter to God

by BethShelby

Dear God Contest Winner 

Dear God,

First of all, let me ask your forgiveness for not telling you more often how thankful I am that you have blessed me so much more than I deserve. Help me to stop taking things in my life for granted and to realize without you, things could be so much worse. Give me patience, and help me to realize your timing is always perfect, and I shouldn’t get discouraged when my prayers aren’t always answered immediately.

Lord, I need wisdom to know when I should speak and when it is better that I be still and listen to others. Help me to stop thinking I have all the answers, and others are the ones who are wrong. Help me to seek your guidance before I act.

Lord, you know what is happening in this country and in the rest of the world. Although we sometimes wonder why evil seems to continue without you intervening, help us to remember you warned us it would be this way until the time when you say ‘no more’. You have promised to be with us until the end of the age, even as world conditions continue to worsen. Help us to see your hand working behind the scenes, and to know there will  come a day when evil will cease to exist. Give us the courage needed in times like these.

Lord, you made us in your image, but there is so much about your creation we aren’t capable of understanding on this realm. You have given us enough knowledge to survive and to know what we need to do in order to be a part of your future kingdom. Help us to realize, at some point in the future, all of our questions we be answered.

Lord, none of us know what lies ahead, but take away our fear and help us to accept whatever your will is for our lives.  Help us to be in tune to your voice, and if there is something you want us to do, give us the knowledge and courage to do it without question.

Increase our love for you and for each other. We ask this in your holy name. Thank you for allowing us to call you ‘Our Father’.

Beth




Dear God
Contest Winner

Recognized

#15
November
2023
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. BethShelby All rights reserved.
BethShelby has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.