General Fiction posted October 27, 2023


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
A short story about a frog playing dead.

Playing Dead

by eliz100

Here I am again, playing dead for the umpteenth time so that old fart Freddy does not jump my bones. I crack my eyes open and see him sitting on a lily pad.

"I can outlast him."

"One hundred bottles of beer on the wall. Take one down and pass it around."

"Ninety-nine bottles of beer on the wall. Take one down and pass it around."

I think I will take a nap to kill time.

The next thing I know, I am startled awake. That old fart Freddy was kissing my toe. I jumped up and hopped away as fast as I could. I lost him in the marsh. Freddy could not keep up because of his bum knee. A biology student started his dissection, but Freddy escaped. He hid out in the lab until the last day of school and escaped back to the pond.

I guess playing dead is not the best strategy for dealing with that old fart Freddy.




Recognized


This was a fun piece to write. I recently had Covid and am trying to find my writing muse again,
It seems l lost my picture. It was a female frog playing dead so the male frogs would not bother her.

Club entry for the "Playing Dead" event in "Flash Fiction/Nonfiction".  Locate a writing club.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. eliz100 All rights reserved.
eliz100 has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.