Letters and Diary Non-Fiction posted October 31, 2023


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
Our special one has passed onto glory.

A Letter to My Heavenly Father

by papa55mike


Dear God,
 
Oh, Heavenly Father, you know the deep love I have for You, but my heart is shattered. I usually admire your work, but something happened on October 20th. It's hard to express through my gasping breath and tear-stained eyes. I'm struggling to understand, but I refuse to ask why.
 
My dear, sweet grandchild of twenty-two left her broken body to be free with You. Actually, I'm a little jealous; You get to see the things I prayed about for many years. A whole, healthy young woman with fiery hazel eyes, speaking with a dazzling smile and running through the grass with boundless energy. Things I've prayed about since her birth.
 
Shynoa was indeed a miracle child. It was a billion to one she would ever be born. Trisomy 22 babies rarely make it to birth. The genetic damage is usually too severe. Another billion to one that she would survive 130 surgeries. When Jerimiah and I saw her for the first time, the nurse told us that if Shynoa made it through the weekend, she might live for three to five years.
 
Shynoa gave us 22 years of her special love. We are so blessed!
 
We gathered the other day to celebrate the life of Shynoa, or Noai, as we call her. It allowed me to thank her teachers, nurses, aides, speech therapists, bus drivers, and all her friends from school. Our deepest gratitude could never be enough for the love they shared.
 
I want to share a story about three unique girls and a little girl at heart. There once was the Floppy Hat Society. They met every day in our front room. It included Wandi, Randi, Noai, and Alli, short for Allison. They would line up all the baby dolls and teddy bears. For the next hour, they would feed their babies and discuss the day's important issues - like whether Wandi would cook mac & cheese or beef noodles for lunch. Randi and Alli could have seen the challenges that Noai was presented with and ignored her, but they chose not to and included her in everything. So, feeding Noai through the Mic-Key button in her stomach became a game. Alli would make Noai's bear dance above Wandi's head while Randi would finger kiss her cheeks, and when finished, it was off to the bathroom for a potty break. Lord, You taught those wonderful girls to love no matter what.
 
The pain in my heart will eventually fade, but the lessons You taught me through those Hazel eyes and her extraordinary life will never be forgotten. Shynoa fought for her life until her broken body let her down. Even through the pain, she still loved unabashedly. I hope they can say that about me.
 
I like to think of what Wanda told Randi that dreadful Friday, "Noai is doing cartwheels in Heaven." What a beautiful thought.
 
Oh, Father, I hope everybody will reach out and hug their kids, grandkids, great-grandkids, and every child they know. Tell them they are loved and special. For tomorrow is never promised.
 
Your devoted friend through Christ,
 
mike



Recognized


Shynoa was waiting for gallbladder surgery but passed away five days before the date. She touched so many lives on this earth with her big, passionate hugs. Shynoa's love for all will be missed.

Thank you in advance for all of your support and prayers.

Many thanks for stopping by to read!
Have a great day, and God bless.
mike
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. papa55mike All rights reserved.
papa55mike has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.