Horror and Thriller Fiction posted August 22, 2023


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
cold feet

The unexpected

by Iza Deleanu

The author has placed a warning on this post for language.

    He was lying at the end of the road, thinking, "what a stupid way to die on your way to the most important moment of your life. He was supposed to get married, and now... and now what? What God! Why me? You could've at least given me a year." I know I was racing. I wanted to get to church in time. My beautiful bride would think I'd dumped her at the altar. No, she would not believe that, would she? Man, I am in the middle of nowhere. Nobody would find me here. Rest in peace, precious! If I only get a last chance to see her and tell her how much... Please, God, give me one last moment with her, and I will accept my fate!"

Out of nowhere, he heard a voice: "Wish granted!"

    He felt himself getting out of his broken body and moving up in the sky. The next moment he was in front of his bride-to-be. At the last moment of his life, he said to  Alex: "You bitch! I am not going to marry you after all! You forced me to come into this country. Rot in hell! I died like an idiot to fulfill your wish, rushing to pay my family debt on your altar! God, I am ready! Take me! Upstairs or downstairs, it doesn't matter anymore. I've paid my blood debt! I am finally free!"

    Alex felt a breeze ruffling her hair, and felt something was wrong. Darkness engulfed her soul. Instantly she knew that Kevin would not show up! She thought: "Ungrateful bastard! Wait until I get my hands on you!" She turned around to the crowd and said:
"The show is over, everybody! This bride got cold feet, so I am canceling the wedding.



Final Words writing prompt entry
Writing Prompt
Your character is going to die within moments. What are the final words? Describe the circumstances of the pending death. Fiction only.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Iza Deleanu All rights reserved.
Iza Deleanu has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.