Commentary and Philosophy Non-Fiction posted August 2, 2023 Chapters:  ...19 20 -21- 22... 


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
Debunking The Myth Of UFOs

A chapter in the book You Didn't Ask...But

You Didn't Ask...But - #21-UFOs

by Brett Matthew West


I do not believe in UFOs, or little green space critters for that matter.

Take former military officers, Congress, the Pentagon, a House Oversight Committee's subcommittee, the National Geospatial-Intelligence Agency, as well as the All-Domain Anomaly Resolution Office and what do you get?

When they convened on Wednesday, July 23, 2023 to discuss close encounters with UFOs, a topic, which of course, remains unverifiable, nothing but a gigantic bowl of conspiracy theory hogwash resulted.

Let's look a little closer at some sources related to this event:

-Ryan Graves, a former F-18 Navy pilot
-David Fravor, a retired Navy Commander
-Senate Majority Leader Chuck Schumer
-Tennessee Republican House of Representatives member Tim Burchett
-David Grusch, claimed he spent 14 years as an intelligence officer for the Air Force and worked for the National Geospatial-Intelligence Agency
-Susan Gough, Pentagon Spokeswoman
-Garrett Graff, author of the book UFO: The inside Story of the US Government's Search For Alien Life Here -- and Out There. Did not attend the hearing
-Sean Kirkpatrick, Director of the All-Domain Anomaly Resolution Office

RYAN GRAVES' CLAIMS (for what they are worth):

Former military officers claimed at this hearing to have encountered unexplained flying objects. One went so far as to state the United States government is secretly holding on to extraterrestrial wreckage. Perhaps to be expected, the Pentagon denied they destroyed any alien spacecraft.

Ryan Graves claimed, "The sightings were so frequent that they became part of daily briefs." He elaborated, "Military and civilian air crews are making "credible reports" of "unidentified objects" in US airspace with regularity."

Additionally, Graves urged the US government to stop hiding such reports through what he termed "excessive classification" and to disclose what it knows about these UFOs. Could it be Graves flew too many missions?

Regardless, the Senate is considering a bipartisan measure, proposed by Chuck Schumer, and others, to force the government to divulge reported UFO sightings and what the government learns about them. Should this law be passed it would become an amendment to the National Defense Authorization Act and declassify government records pertaining to unidentified aerial objects.

Tim Burchett proclaimed, "We're going to uncover the cover-up."

TIC TAC (but no toe):

David Fravor detailed an encounter he said he experienced once with what he called a "white Tic Tac-shaped object." He alleged this incident occurred after he launched his fighter jet from the aircraft carrier the USS Nimitz. How come nobody else came forward to collaborate his tale?

In Fravor's own words, "There were no rotors, no rotor washes, or any visible flight control surfaces like wings." Indicating he felt this "Tic Tac" posed a security threat to the United States, he further stated "The technology that we faced is far superior to anything we had."

REVERSE ENGINEERING CLAIM:

David Grusch provided written testimony, part of which included his belief "The government is running a secret program to assess UFO wreckage. I was informed, in the course of my official duties, of a multi-decade UAP crash retrieval and reverse engineering program."

In 2022, the US Department of Defense created the All-Domain Anomaly Resolution Office to investigate and keep records of any UFO sightings. To date, this office has not, according to Susan Gough in an email, "discovered any verifiable information to substantiate Grusch's, [or anyone else's for that matter's], allegations of extraterrestrial materials existing in the past or at present."

NO EXTRATERRESTRIAL ORIGINS:

Informed of Graves, Fravor, and Grusch's comments, Garrett Graff responded, "There is an increasingly concerted effort by the military and federal government to identify these suspicious [UFOs] sightings and try to figure out what they are. It is unlikely items found on Earth are derived by intelligent beings on other planets."

Graff considered the obvious that any such unidentified objects would be man-made. He admitted, "There are UFOs and UAPs in that the US government has no idea what they are." Graff believes, as most sane experts on the subject do, that these UFOs originated from "China, Russia, or Iran," and are "advanced military technology being tested around the borders of the US," much like the two recently shot down Chinese balloons were. Remember those "UFOs"?

DEFENSE DEPARTMENT REPORTS:

As of August 2022, these are compiled Defense Department reports:

-510 UFOs/UAPs (of which)

-163 balloons
-26 drones
-6 birds/litter/weather events
-171 require additional research to identify them and are currently considered "unattributed"

AARO STATEMENT:

Sean Kirkpatrick said, "The All-Domain Anomaly Resolution Office actively pursues reports." He went on to comment, "I should state clearly for the record that in our research AARO has found no credible evidence thus far of extraterrestrial activity, off-world technology, or objects that defy the known laws of physics."

THE BIG UFO HOGWASH:

One of the main reasons I do not believe in UFOs, or little green men, can be summed up as Garrett Graff explained: "Across the last 75 years there's just not a lot of evidence to me that the government could have kept that secret that long, either on purpose or by accident."

Was there ever a secret the US government could keep for any length of time?

UFOs? Hogwash!




Recognized


They're Here, by Artistic Chick, selected to complement my Commentary.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.

Artwork by ArtisticChick at FanArtReview.com

Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Brett Matthew West All rights reserved.
Brett Matthew West has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.