Letters and Diary Script posted July 18, 2023


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
cocktail - 1 -part 1

Genus passiflora - passion fruit

by Iza Deleanu


The scene happens in a Jamaican resort. Lady is preparing for dinner and enters the local restaurant. She walks on the beach and sits on the reserved table close to the ocean.
Characters:
Lady a woman past her forty, petite, blonde, and with a charming smile.
The waiter, average build and of uncertain age.

 

The scene happens at the shore. A beautiful table is arranged to catch the sunset and the sea in the background. Lady is listening to the sound of the sea and hides her face in her palms. The waiter is approaching from the left with a cocktail and a menu.

Waiter: Excuse me, Miss. Would you like to try our special cocktail, the Passion of Love is made of real passion fruits:

Lady discreetly brushing her tears away and smiling, says: Hell yes, why not. I need some passion fruits right now.

The waiter, puzzled, offers her the cocktail and the menu. Tonight's special is a dish called the new beginning. It has chicken, a dash of passion fruit, papaya salsa, and mushrooms; the rest is delicious.

Lady, amused, mumbles on the saddest day of my life, I get to taste "passion" again. Hurray for new beginnings.! Then she returns her gaze to the waiter, so the night's theme is passion. I mean, passion fruit?

The waiter: Yeah! The chef got engaged, and he felt everything passion. Since morning every dish he made has a dash of passion fruit.

Lady: Yeah, I remember something like this happened to me... everything was sunshine and waves. You know, unfortunately, this doesn't stay forever. It's like a fine cocktail, you get intoxicated for a little bit, and then in the morning, when the passion is gone, you look at that cactus next to you and try to hide behind a wall. Oh, sorry, you don't need to hear that. Congrats to the chef and his passion flower. I meant fruit.

The waiter: Okay, I will go and order your special passion deal, I meant meal. In the meantime, would you like something else?

Lady: I would like you to make me a special cocktail. Please write it down because it is not on the menu, but it goes so well with tonight's theme. Here it goes three Passion Fruits, one-ounce vodka; one can of Schweppes tonic; one dash of pineapple, a slice of fresh papaya, ice, three drops of liquid Stevia, and one whole lemon; the bitter, the better. And please bring a pitcher. Tonight I want to feel special. After all, I have my own celebration to stage. Aaa, and please get another glass.

The waiter: I thought you made a reservation for one.

Lady smiling shyly: I did, but I feel better if I have glasses at the table and another plate and set of cutlery, pretty please.

The waiter looked puzzled for a few seconds and said: Very well, madam. I will return with your drink, food, and the rest in a minute.

Lady took a sip from the cocktail and returned her gaze to the ocean. Then she starts playing with her wedding ring. Isn't it beautiful here, darling? I always wanted to be here with you... but you always found excuses to leave me to my own devices. And so I traveled alone in two, since day one. It's time to say goodbye and let you go. I finally understood you are not the one for me. I like to enjoy this gift offered by God... called life. You, on the other hand, have yet to learn how to enjoy it. You always hide behind work... like the rest of us were just a bunch of slackers, and we didn't know how to work.

The waiter, unnoticed, is placing the empty plate and cutlery on the other side of the table. Then returns with the food and pitcher that contains the bitter cocktail with a dash of passion fruit. Then he turns towards Lady and says: Bonne appetite, Madame.

Lady turning to face the waiter: Wow, this smells fabulous. Would you like to try this magic drink?

The waiter: Sure, let me get another glass.

Lady: Okay. Hurry up, and I am so thirsty!

The waiter returns with another cocktail glass and pours the strange drink into the glasses on the table. Okay, to what shall we toast?

Unnoticed by the waiter Lady takes her wedding ring and throws it in the water. Goodbye, my love. I hope whoever will find you will make you happy. Then sighting takes the glass from the waiter and says: ' We toast to new beginnings!

The waiter takes the glass and says: "To new beginnings. Then he takes a sip. Wow, this is not a bad drink. I like it. Do you mind if we include this in our cocktails menu?"

Lady: Not at all. But I would like to choose the name.

The waiter: Yes, of course. What's the name?


Lady: Very easy to remember is called Lady's Paradise. It could sound more appealing, but as you said, it is delicious. Now about the rest of the my "cuckoo design." The glass and the plate are for my ex. This is our last meal. Tomorrow the only thing I will have in common is some memories that will fade in time.

The waiter: I am so sorry, Madame.

Lady: Don't be! I never felt so good in my entire life. I guess it was about time to let it go."
 


The curtain fades



Recognized


This could be a script for a movie. The second part is the Happy Ending.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Iza Deleanu All rights reserved.
Iza Deleanu has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.