Biographical Non-Fiction posted July 6, 2023


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
The struggle is real.

Controlled Chaos

by Douglas Goff

Your Life in 150 words Contest Winner 

I’ve lived a life of service to the country. I started with five years in the infantry as a US Marine. Next, I became a federal agent and hunted the worst of the worst felons. I incarcerated wife-beaters, child-molesters, rapists, smugglers, cartel members, murderers, a couple of terrorists, and a hitman. One city my team focused on and hit hard for a year had a ten percent drop in their crime rate. 

While serving, I was shot at, had knives pulled on me, rocks thrown at me, and was in three life and death fights where I was alone. The last one occurred two months before I retired and I ended up in the hospital injured. 

I ended my career with bad knees, PTSD symptoms, and a paranoia that most retired lawmen would understand. I didn’t become rich or famous. Having said all that, I wouldn’t change a damn thing.



Writing Prompt
Write the entire story of your life in no more than 150 words. You can be experimental, creative, funny, serious, provocative, reflective, whatever style you best feel represents your life. You must write about your entire life, not just a moment of it. No poetry (too easy). No fiction (YOUR life), although metaphors are acceptable so long as they are directly interpretable to be about your life. You'll be surprised at what your life looks like in 150 words.

Your Life in 150 words
Contest Winner

Recognized

#23
July
2023


I chose to focus on my career as it has molded me into the person I am today.

Also, doesn't the nature of the topic lend itself to identifying the author? I already recognized a couple of the entrants. Just a thought.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Douglas Goff All rights reserved.
Douglas Goff has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.