General Fiction posted June 13, 2023 Chapters:  ...6 7 -8- 9... 


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
Takeout Bento/Idea

A chapter in the book Donnie Huberant: The Story

Windmill 3

by RainbewLatte

"Oh, I'm bored," Donnie wailed into the distance. He sat hunched over on their second-floor sofa, resting his hand against his cheek. "Why won't anyone play with me?" He had bothered everyone, from his sleeping mother to his uncle, and neither of them was willing to put up with what he offered. He sighed. Well... He stood up as if he were going to make his way to the first floor. I guess I'll go watch TV. He thought it through before settling. Yeah, I guess Cartoon Network will do. He headed down the stairs to the first floor, where he turned the corner, passing through an open door frame, to reveal their sizable TV. He powered it on using the power button on the side panel before grabbing the remote control from the TV stand and settling on their wooden sofa without cushions. He inputted the number twenty-two using the number pad.

Cartoon Network. The Powerpuff Girls were playing.

This'll do, he thought. He had no reason to be against it.

I swear that today is the day that I will develop a plan so diabolical and evil that I will crush the Powerpuff Girls!

"Ahahah!" Donnie laughed along. "Mojo Jojo!" He hardly watched The PowerPuff Girls.

But first... I must attend to the dishes that I have soiled with the food that I have eaten.

Okay... What? He spent the next hour that way, confused, and the time unsuspectingly passed him by.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Two fried chicken cutlet bentos," Grandma ordered. The name was a mouthful.

"Will that be for here or to go?"

"To go?" she responded, slightly confused. It appeared as if they packed all the orders for takeout.

"Your total comes out to 150 NTs. Will you be paying with cash or card?" Grandma had already whipped out two 100s.

"Here."

"Two hundreds," the cashier repeated to herself. She whipped out a 50-NT coin in response. "And here's your change. Feel free to get some complimentary soup over there in the corner, and your order should be ready in a bit." Although she didn't find herself the type to get their soup, the lingering thought of Donnie remained.

Maybe he would like some. It was, to some degree, free. She lingered over the steel pot with a removable flap that opened outward. Opening it and releasing some of the built-up steam, she glanced at it. There was hardly anything tangible except for a few slices of diced spring onion. Maybe next time. She closed the lid.

"Peggy? Your order is ready." Grandma turned around.

"Oh, thanks!" Parting the small takeout restaurant, she turned and headed right as she made her way home under the awnings of the long sidewalk. She walked a short distance, only to cross a stationery store. Stationery... Just past a cafe, it was as if such a store's presence, despite its longevity, had always failed to cross her mind. Peeking through the window, it was open. Oh, I have an idea, she thought. It couldn't take long. In an attempt to distance Donnie from his fan-blowing obsession, she headed in to get supplies.




Post Number 50
A Milestone Post
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. RainbewLatte All rights reserved.
RainbewLatte has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.