Mystery and Crime Fiction posted June 11, 2023


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
Who has the greater motive and plan?

Dangerous Night Games

by Begin Again


Tara lingered in the doorway of the after-hours bar. She’d relived these exact moments night after night, searching for her sister’s murderer. 

Stepping outside, she paused under the streetlight, before deliberately strolling down the sidewalk. A man stood in the shadows. She bit her lower lip, inhaled sharply, and disappeared into the park.  

Jackson knew her game. His adrenalin surged as he envisioned her struggle and her terror as he ended the game as the winner. He smiled, confidently. 

He quickly closed the distance between them. His movements were routine, polished to the second, like a prowling cougar. He spotted her near the fountain, waiting, begging for what was to come.  

Without hesitation, he claimed his trophy. His leather gloves squeezed her throat. Unexpected terror flashed across his face. Blood surged from the gaping hole in his chest. Gasping, he crumbled to the ground. 

Trembling, Tara stepped over his body and squatted. Slipping the glove from his hand, she gasped. The clues to her sister’s murder, the strange tattoo, the scar, and the ring weren’t there. He wasn’t the man. A mistake. 

A cold numbness replaced her adrenalin.  

As she slipped away, her distorted mind was planning the next move.




Another 200 word flash fiction contest entry

Recognized

#8
June
2023


Hello FanStory friends. Thanks for taking the time to read my entry. It's been a while since I wrote anything, so I hope you enjoy it.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Begin Again All rights reserved.
Begin Again has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.