Biographical Non-Fiction posted June 3, 2023


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
A tribute to Sunny who passed away.

The day after

by Jesse James Doty

Grief grips me, the day after Sunny passed away.

I lost my kitty, Sunny, yesterday when she passed away.  She was an exemplary feline. The best that ever was.

Sunny meant more to me than any other pet.  She has stolen my heart with her passing, and I will miss her more each day.

I want others to know how she changed my life with her caring and as a companion.  She gave me all the love she had in her tiny little heart.  Tiny yet full of compassion for me and all who knew her. 

Everyone she met, she touched their heart, and they will never be the same after meeting Sunny. Forever changed, they will mourn her passing along with me and David, who loved her as much as I did.

David had the pleasure of taking care of Sunny while I was away having surgery for my neck and later for my left knee.  He lovingly cared for her as he and Sunny promised to wait for me until I returned home.

This day after will be one of the longest days of my life.  Looking around the apartment there are signs of Sunny all around me.  The cat-box is empty of litter and her food bowls are now missing since David picked them up for me out of respect.

She did for me all the things a companion does, and she did it in her own way thinking of me and no one else but me.

I will never forget her.  My heart breaks as I grieve for her loss.  I want to be careful so that I don’t sink into a depression.  I will do all the activities I normally do such as my exercises and keeping up with my emails and other important things such as Fan Story when I feel up to it.

I will always miss her.  Yet the day will come when an older cat graces my presence and become my kitty companion as Sunny has been all these fifteen years. I don’t have the wherewithal to take care of a kitten, so I will choose an older cat who needs a good home when I am ready.

Thank you Sunny for being the best kitty who ever graced this earth.




Recognized

#21
June
2023


This is a tribute to Sunny my feline companion who passed away yesterday at 10:20 am. She will be sorely missed by all.
Thanks for reading.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Jesse James Doty All rights reserved.
Jesse James Doty has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.