General Non-Fiction posted June 2, 2023


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
Trust me itâ??s all low calorie

National Days of Whaaat

by jmdg1954



 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

Friday :  June 2, 2023

National Donut Day

             and

National Rocky Road Day

Good day, my fellow FanStorians! Some time back I wrote a piece on National Grilled Cheese Day, which was followed weeks later with a post on National Banana Day.

Well today, June 2, 2023 we are in store for a double whammy of treats. Let’s welcome in :

National Donut Day &

National Rocky Road Ice Cream Day

For those of you who may be unfamiliar with Rocky Road, I suggest you go to your local supermarket and purchase one pint to give it a try. Simply put, Rocky Road is a velvety smooth chocolate ice cream with chopped almonds and marshmallow pieces. 

So, we are faced with a mouthwatering dilemma Think about it. Your favorite donut(s) in the morning with a glass of cold milk. Then, at night to cap off the day, a big bowl of Rocky Road ice cream. 

My recommendation would be to marry these two into one exquisite dessert. Here are a few suggestions :

  1. An ice cream sandwich comprised of Rocky Road laying comfortably between two glazed donuts. Spark it up and use chocolate glazed donuts instead and call it the “chocolate death bed”.
  2. What about taking a luscious Boston cream donut, carefully scoop off the top layer with the oozing chocolate. Drop a gigantic scoop of sightly softened Rocky Road onto the Boston cream, then lather it with Redi-Whip, place the previously scooped donut back on top and drizzle some chocolate Grenache or Hershey syrup.
  3. Let’s take it to the mountain top and make a “Rocky Banana Split in the Road Donut Sundae”!  Choose your donut. I’ll select a Tim Hortons Hazelnut Buttercream donut. Slice it in half both horizontally and vertically. Slice your banana lengthwise.  Lay your donuts on the bottom of a banana split dish and arrange your sliced bananas on top of the donuts. Place three scoops of Rocky Road ice on top. Scatter crumbled butterfinger pieces on the ice cream, topped with Redi-whip and maraschino cherries (don’t forget the cherry syrup).

It all depends on your taste. Feel free to top any of your desserts with wet walnuts, coconut shavings, Oreo prices, butterscotch, sprinkles or anything to your liking. Be creative! They didn’t honor these two staples for nothing.

Remember, there is no right or wrong. Go for it, indulge, pamper yourself. You can always diet tomorrow!

Mangia… 


 



Recognized

#38
June
2023


I know this post reaches the 50 United States, Canada and around the world.

My desserts were using Tim Horton donuts. Depending on where you reside, your donut brand or choice is up to you.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. jmdg1954 All rights reserved.
jmdg1954 has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.