General Poetry posted June 1, 2023 Chapters:  ...283 284 -285- 286... 


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
Cinquain 2/4/6/8/2

A chapter in the book One Thousand Cranes

Lotus

by Gypsy Blue Rose


 
L O T U S
 
 
rising

to the surface

of peaceful lotus pond

leaving the muck and mire behind

flourish

 
 




A lotus is a survivor, it rises from the dark muddy waters and finds the warmth and nourishment of the Light. As the bud hits the surface of the water and drinks in the sunlight, the petals open, signifying an achievement. Oftentimes in our busy lives, we overlook the smallest achievements. Each petal that opens is an achievement of survival, life, and opportunity. A lotus has strength and beauty, it is able to overcome all of its environmental obstacles and show the world its beauty.

CINQUAIN is inspired by Japanese haiku and tanka and is akin in spirit to that of the *Imagists. The form is five lines with 22 syllables counting in a pattern of 2/4/6/8/2. The title is used as the sixth line. It's usually unrhymed but it can be rhymed and about any subject. It was created by American poet, Adelaide Crapsey in 1915. Her cinquain depends on the strict structure and intense imagery to communicate a mood or feeling.

*Imagism was a movement in early-20th-century American poetry that favored precision of imagery and clear, sharp language, very much as haiku and tanka. more information
more information about cinquain

Thank you for taking the time to read and review.

Gypsy

Pictures from Pinterest.com
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Gypsy Blue Rose All rights reserved. Registered copyright with FanStory.
Gypsy Blue Rose has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.