Spiritual Non-Fiction posted May 23, 2023


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
We will know.

How Will We Know It's Jesus?

by John Cranford


Good Question. How will we know it's Jesus when He returns. That means He must have been here before. Why would the "Son of God" come to such a miniscule speck in the universe God created...and why would He come back?
 
For reasons we can't fathom, God breathed life into the first man and placed him on this beautiful little planet swirling around in the vast expanse of space. Man was formed in the image of God and given dominion over all creation.

We live in a fallen world. From the beginning, God gave man free will to choose right or wrong. Because of the introduction of "original sin" by the fallen angel satan, our sinful nature entices us to make the wrong choice. God chose to send His Son, Jesus Christ, to save the world from sin. But still, in God's plan, man must choose: "For God so loved the world, that He gave His only Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have eternal life." (John 3:16).

So, Jesus came. He didn't come with the trappings of a king, but, conceived by the Holy Spirit, as the lowly child of poor Jewish parents. He spent the first thirty years of His life in obscurity as a carpenter's son. The next three years He performed miracles, saved lives and ministered to the poor; while all the time, preaching the mercy and saving grace of God. He fulfilled the purpose for which He was sent: "I glorified You on earth, having accomplished the work You gave me to do." (John 17:4).

He didn't come into this world in triumph, but He left triumphant. Through His death and resurrection, He redeemed the world from its sin. He placed the world back to where God intended it to be. Through His ascension, He opened the door to heaven for all of us...and it stands open today.

Before He left, He promised He would return: "Let not your heart be troubled. Believe in God; believe also in me. In my Father's house are many mansions. If it were not so, would I have told you that I go to prepare a place for you? And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and will take you to myself, that where I am you may be also." (John 14:1-5).

So, how will Jesus return? The Bible tells us exactly in the Book of Acts: (1:9-11). "And when He had said these things as they were looking on, He was lifted up and a cloud took Him out of their sight. And while they were gazing into heaven as He went, behold, two men stood by them in white robes, and said, 'Men of Galilee, why do you stand looking into heaven? This Jesus, who was taken from you into heaven, will come again in the same way as you saw Him go into heaven.'"

Back to our little world...a mere dot in the vastness of the universe. There is so much we don't know about God's amazing universe and how it works. What about heaven? We can only imagine what heaven is like and God's plan for establishing heaven on earth. The Bible says Jesus will return from heaven to earth. It will not be a small occurrence...one that anyone could possibly miss.  In the Book of Philippians (2:9-11), the Apostle Paul says, "Therefore God has highly exalted Him and bestowed on Him the name that above every name, so that at the name of Jesus, every knee should bow in heaven, and on earth and under the earth, and every tongue confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father." This is a foreshadowing of what will happen when Jesus returns.

So, how will we know it's Jesus? He will descend from the clouds in all His glorious splendor as King of Kings and Lord of Lords to lay claim to His kingdom. Every eye will see, every knee will bow and every tongue will confess that Jesus is Lord of all. There will be no question or dispute over who He is.
 



How would you know it's Jesus? contest entry
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. John Cranford All rights reserved.
John Cranford has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.