Humor Non-Fiction posted March 24, 2023


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
What?!

Hang on a minute!

by Wendy G


Hey, wait a minute!

There was one humorous poem (about rabbits) in a contest about sunset. I just voted for my choice. Then I read the comments.

One comment read, “Hilariously ridiculous. Author must be Australian.”

I hope they are not referring to ME, because I AM Australian and I DO enjoy writing humour! Plus, I frequently write with animals doing the talking! And there’s not too many of us, relatively speaking.

But on second thoughts …. this person obviously voted for the funny one! So they liked it! That's a good thing!

Also, that implies that Australian writers enjoy humour, and can write humour well, and are getting a reputation for that. That too is a good thing!

So on behalf of all Aussies – thanks for the compliment to all of us.

But no, it wasn’t me! I wish I had that good an imagination, and poetic skills.

So, whoever wrote the funny poem – congratulations. And please take it as a compliment that some-one assumed you are Australian!




Recognized


Very Australian spelling throughout.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Wendy G All rights reserved.
Wendy G has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.